As we navigate the current public health & economic crisis, VBSR is here to support our members and the community at large as we face these unprecedented challenges together. We recognize this paradigm shift affects all areas of business activity, communities and our families.
VBSR is committed to providing businesses with the tools they need to endure and continue to champion a business of goodwill. Sticking together, we can find innovative, people-first approaches to caring for our mission-driven organizations, employees, communities and families.
VBSR Webinar Series: Coronavirus Response Resources for Businesses
VBSR is pleased to offer a webinar series designed to provide businesses with resources and tools as they respond to the many impacts of the Coronavirus. Join us to hear from VBSR staff, fellow business leaders, legislators, and issue experts on the challenges of operating during a pandemic and learn more about how best to overcome them.
Recordings of past VBSR COVID-19 Webinars:
- Returning to In-Person Work with a Focus on Social Responsibility (6/5/20) – watch here.
- Onboarding During COVID-19 (6/4/20) – watch here.
- Same Storm, Different Boats: The Pandemic’s Outsized Impact on Marginalized Communities (5/28/20) – watch here.
- Income Advance Loans & Innovations to Support Your Workforce (5/27/20) – watch here.
- Power in Partnerships (5/22/20) – watch here.
- Recruiting and Hiring During COVID-19 (5/21/20) – watch here.
- Wellness at Home for the Mind, Body & Soul (5/15/20) – watch here.
- COVID-19 & Healthcare Benefits: Short Term Impacts & Planning For the Future (5/13/20) – watch here.
- VBSR Digital Town Hall with Senator Bernie Sanders, Senator Patrick Leahy, and Congressman Peter Welch (5/7/20) – watch here.
- Southern Vermont VBSR Member Meet-Up (5/6/20) – watch here.
- Rebounding with Resiliency for Small Businesses & Solopreneurs (4/24/20) – watch here.
- Communications in the Era of COVID-19 (4/22/20) – watch here.
- SBA Loans – Soup to Nuts! (4/17/20) – watch here.
- Dealing with COVID-19 Anxiety and Hope: Options for Business Resiliency (4/14/20) – watch here.
- COVID-19 Legal Issues and Updates for Employers (4/10/20) – watch here.
- COVID-19 Policy Resources for Nonprofits (4/7/20) – watch here.
- Mastering Virtual Meetings, Webinars, and Remote Workshops (4/2/20) – watch here.
- Transitioning your Business to a Remote Workplace (3/30/20) – watch here.
- Coronavirus Response Toolkit for Workplaces and Families (3/27/20) – watch here.
- Discussion on the Federal Response to COVID-19 with Congressman Peter Welch (3/25/20) – watch here.
- How to Support your Employees with Child Care Needs during COVID-19 (3/24/20) – watch here.
- Coronavirus – Keeping your business and community safe (partial recording) (3/16/20) – watch here.
Read About How VBSR Members are Responding
As businesses continue to grapple with the growing economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, state and federal officials are funneling money into lending programs designed to give your business the resources needed to endure and recover from this crisis.
- Small Business Administration Loans/Grants
- Community Lenders
State and Federal Guidelines
Follow these links for the most up-to-date news and guidance from our state and federal partners.
- Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Vermont Department of Labor
- Vermont Department of Health
- Vermont Small Business Development Center
- World Health Organization
- For news coverage and updates:
Consult these resources for guidance on supporting your employees and for best organizational practices during the pandemic.
- Vermont Department of Labor Employee and Employer resources
- Business Continuity Planning (NFP)
- Davis & Hodgdon’s Loan & Tax Credit Resource Page
- Covid resources for nonprofits
- OneDigital’s Coronavirus Advisory Hub
- Crisis Communications
- 10 Digital Miscommunications and How to Avoid Them
- Are You Leading Through the Crisis or Managing the Response?
- Crisis Communications Checklist
- Communicating Through the Coronavirus Crisis
- Navigating Uncertainty: Resources to Prepare for Change
- How Companies Can Respond to the Coronavirus
- Risk Communication and community engagement (WHO)
- Social Stigma Associated with COVID-19 (WHO)
Employee Wellness, Accessibility & Support
- Crisis Resources:
- Child Abuse: Visit the Department of Children and Families Reporting Child Abuse page or call Prevent Child Abuse Vermont’s Helpline (1-800-244-5373).
- Domestic Violence: Visit the DCF Domestic Violence Resources, call Vermont Domestic Violence Hotline (1-800-228-7395), or text LOVEIS to 22-522 to connect with the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
- Mental Health: Visit the Department of Mental Health How to Get Help page or text “VT” to 741741 to connect with the Crisis Text Line.
- Beehive’s “Be Well” Program
- COVID-19 FAQ translated in 12 languages
- New Americans in Vermont
- Invest EAP offers a toolkit for businesses
- Pride Center of VT’s Safe Space Program
- Vermont Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence’s COVID-19 resource list
- VSAC’s Updates on Student Loans
- Childcare/Supporting Families
- Remote Work
Community Calls to Action & Support
Use your business as a force for good by supporting community action and explore volunteer opportunities:
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Guide to Sewing Masks for Donation
- Help Sugarsnap provide lunches to the COTS Daystation
- NEK Mask Makers
- Subscribe to Front Porch Forum to share and find volunteer opportunities
- Support the Generator in prototyping PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Support the Skinny Pancake’s effort to make 1,000 meals a day for restaurant workers, musicians and gig workers
- Support the NOFA/Vermont Farm Fund to support Vermont’s Local Food Economy
- Stop the Spread & Chinese National Council for Social Justice (anti-racism action)
- Vermont Community Foundation’s COVID-19 Response Fund
- Volunteer for Vermont’s Medical Reserve Corps
- Volunteer and/or donate to the Vermont Foodbank
Mutual Aid Resources
Regional communities are banding together to organize local aid efforts. Encourage your employees to sign up and volunteer in their community.
- Addison County
- Barre Town Area
- Berlin Area
- Bradford Area
- Brattleboro Area
- Burlington Area
- Champlain Islands
- Craftsbury Area
- Deerfield Valley
- Essex Area
- Grand Isle County
- Hartland Area
- Lamoille County
- Southern NEK
- Northern NEK
- Putney Area
- Royalton Area
- Rutland Area
- Underhill/Jericho Area
- Upper Valley
- Worcester Neighbor Network