Please help VBSR identify future board members! Each VBSR member organization is entitled to one vote via either email/mail using the ballot below or with our online ballot. Indvidual members are not able to vote, as per the bylaws). Ballots are due by 5 PM Monday, November 19th.
VBSR Board terms are for three years. Each fall, VBSR holds an election allowing the membership to:
- Re-elect current Board members whose terms are up but wish to continue to serve
- Elect new Board members who wish to fill any openings on the Board
Candidates run in one of two categories:
- For candidates choosing to run as “at-large” only, the Nominating Committee confirms that each individual is in a decision-making position at a for-profit member company, then presents candidates choosing to run “at-large” only.
- By mid-fall, the committee recommends a slate of “traditional” board candidates to the full board, which then approves or changes the slate that will be included in the membership election ballot.
VBSR seeks candidates with a demonstrated commitment to the mission and principles of VBSR, as well as to the organization itself, and optimum board diversity based upon a balance of the following factors:
- geographic location
- company size
- business sector
- gender and other identities
- skills and interests
For more information on eligibility and criteria for the VBSR Board, please see our Nomination page and Board Election Process. For more information about the Nominating Committee, please see our Committee page.