VBSR is collecting interest in working with University of Vermont SI-MBA students and alumni, which will be shared with these emerging leaders through a partnership with the University of Vermont Grossman School of Business.
About SIMPACT Consulting
The Sustainable Impact (“SIMPACT”) Consulting Group is a pro-bono business consulting organization led by current and former students within the University of Vermont SI-MBA program, a rigorous and nationally-acclaimed one-year Sustainable Innovation MBA program.
SIMPACT defines sustainability as: development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
The purpose of SIMPACT is to provide students with real-life opportunities to better learn and apply course content while simultaneously providing value and expertise to local Vermont businesses. Our mission is to provide sustainable solutions to local business problems.
SIMPACT accepts pro bono consulting projects that would contribute to students’ experiential learning and are able to be completed in 3-6 week sprints between December-May.
Interested in engaging SIMPACT as consultants? Let us know!
The consulting project is a part-time, hands-on, pro-bono experiential engagement with established companies and organizations or early stage ventures (sponsors) that are focused on addressing real-world challenges and opportunities directly related to sustainable business.
The project is typically completed by a team of 3-6 MBA graduate students from the current SI-MBA cohort in periods between three to six weeks in total.
Requirements of sponsor companies include:
- Discovery call
- Initial project kickoff call
- Point person to be available via email throughout the duration of the project
- Concluding wrap-up call
Projects typically include:
- Written final deliverable of recommendations
- Presentation by students on the results of the project
- Public-facing project summary for social media purposes
Services can include:
- Market Research
- Strategic Planning
- B-Corp Assessment
- Sustainability Analysis, Metrics & Reporting
- Blended Finance
- Brand Strategy
Examples of Past Engagements:
- Vermont Outdoor Business Alliance – Workforce needs
- VT Green Football Club – GHG emissions inventory
- Engagement Collective – Product-market fit, business model canvas Rigorous – Agro-technology
- Cutting Hill Beef – Business plan for regenerative agriculture
Follow SIMPACT on LinkedIn
Questions or need support?
- For questions about VBSR’s services in connecting VBSR members with SI-MBA talent, contact Roxanne Vought, VBSR Executive Director.
- For questions about the SI-MBA program, contact John Kim, UVM Grossman School of Business Graduate Programs Career Advisor.