VSJF’s DeltaClimeVT climate economy business accelerator selects Energy 2023 cohort
The Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund (VSJF) announces the selection of the Energy 2023 cohort of the Vermont-based DeltaClimeVT climate economy business accelerator.
Eight early-stage energy companies from across the U.S. and Canada will work directly with Vermont utilities to contribute to Vermont’s 90% renewable by 2050 and Burlington’s Net Zero by 2030 goals over three months of intensive work sessions, including two online and two in-person intensive sessions (each 2-4 days in duration), weekly assignments and bi-weekly webinars as well as frequent 1:1 engagement. The first in-person sprint starts April 3 in Burlington, VT at Burlington Electric Department and will wrap up with an awards ceremony in Burlington June 15.
This will be the seventh cohort for the accelerator program managed by VSJF. While working through the world-class ecosVC™ curriculum, the goal for the Energy 2023 program will be to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in an effort to help Vermont meet its climate goals. The selected cohort companies are focused on the decarbonization of buildings, transportation, heating and industrial processes through electrification, biofuels or other renewables.
In addition to connecting the accelerator participants to the larger ecosystem of business support and capital in Vermont, Energy 2023 participants will compete for a $25,000 non-equity prize to be awarded to the top company and the chance to work with Vermont utilities to help reduce emissions in the residential and commercial arenas. The program also features paid pilot opportunities; extensive peer feedback; connections with potential customers, partners, and mentors; and exposure to investors.
“I can’t wait to see how this group of climate economy entrepreneurs will use the upcoming months to enhance their product market fit, refine their business models, create go-to market strategies, and expedite their efforts to secure financial investments,” said Geoff Robertson, DeltaClimeVT Managing Director at VSJF. “The work they put into this accelerator will help them expand their prospects in Vermont and beyond!”
DeltaClimeVT Energy 2023 Cohort Companies:
- Dai Technologies Corporation provides concierge-like EV adoption solutions focused on enabling EV charging for places where people live: single family, condo/townhouse and multifamily communities. Washington, D.C.
- GismoPower® has revolutionized sustainable energy with the MEGA® (Mobile Electricity Generating Appliance), a patented, affordable, portable carport equipped with removable wheels that integrates a bifacial PV system and a powerful Class 2 EV-Charger. Florida and California
- Linebird is a manufacturer of UAS payloads and tools for hands-on work on live power lines. Virginia
- Optimal Technology is a Black-owned, venture-backed, energy firm that intelligently lowers the cost of electricity by up to 50% for small to medium sized building owners. Georgia
- Plug Zen, LLC is an electric vehicle charging company developing, manufacturing, and implementing EV charging solutions that allow multi-vehicle charging–up to 10 vehicles simultaneously through cable or inductive charging for multi-unit housing and businesses. Detroit
- ProsumerGrid has developed a software solution that allows electric utilities and prosumers to forecast, simulate the electric grid impacts and optimally plan distributed energy resources (DERs). Georgia
- Ren-N is a Vermont-based startup that sees the lack of access to capital as a significant barrier to entry for communities seeking to accelerate the development of renewable energy generation. Vermont
- Vermillion Power Technologies is a design services company, specializing in power electronics and reducing the energy requirements of our customer’s products. Alberta
Partners and sponsors of DeltaClimeVT Energy 2023 include, Jane’s Trust Foundation, The Vermont Community Foundation, Burlington Electric Department, Vermont Public Power Supply Authority, Efficiency Vermont, Green Mountain Power, VSECU, Vermont Electric Coop, VGS, Vermont Electric Power Company, Vermont Economic Development Authority, and Flexible Capital Fund.
About DeltaClimeVT – A Climate Economy Business Accelerator
Managed by the Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund (VSJF), the DeltaClimeVT business accelerator is a Vermont-based program serving startup and seed-stage ventures focusing on energy and climate economy innovation in the energy sector. The program provides an intense accelerated learning and business development process designed to test assumptions, expose, and remediate business vulnerabilities, prepare for significant investment, and provide a platform for rapid scaling. As a proven leader in sustainability, Vermont offers participants access to many entrepreneurial climate economy and energy experts throughout the program. For more details, visit deltaclimevt.com or contact Geoff Robertson at geoff @ vsjf.org.
About Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund
In addition to offering the DeltaClimeVT business accelerator to startup and seed stage entrepreneurs, the Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund (VSJF) provides business assistance, value chain facilitation, network development, and strategic planning to a wide range of stakeholders in the agriculture and food system, forest product, waste management, renewable energy, and environmental technology sectors. Located in Montpelier, Vermont, VSJF was created by the Vermont Legislature in 1995 to partner with state government, private sector businesses, and nonprofits to build a thriving economic, social, and ecological future for Vermont. www.vsjf.org