VBSR is Hiring!
WE ARE HIRING!
The Membership Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic approach to VBSR membership and development. This includes recruitment and retention of VBSR members and soliciting funding such as sponsorships to support VBSR programs and services. The Manager is also responsible for ensuring successful implementation of member benefits. This is an exempt, full-time, permanent position, reporting to the Executive Director. Benefits include employee health and dental insurance; SIMPLE retirement benefits; Cafeteria Plan; four weeks and 11 holidays paid leave; and a flexible schedule.
- Actively develop and implement a strategic approach to new member recruitment and existing member retention. Respond to inquiries from potential new members.
- Actively reach out to members, engaging them in VBSR activities, program and services and connecting them with both internal and external resources .
- Work with the Communication Manager to assist with development of materials and communications to support membership recruitment and retention.
- Annually survey VBSR membership for feedback on the value of VBSR membership and ideas for improvement.
- Maintain a list of and actively recruit companies/organizations that are prospective members.
- Coordinate and implement identified membership benefits and services.
- Ensure the accuracy of the member database and ensure that it is meeting the needs of the organization.
- A desire to support business policies and practices that provide innovative solutions to issues affecting the planet, people, profit and prosperity
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with one-on-one sales and/or development
- Ability to work independently and prioritize as well as work in a team environment
- Adept at building relationships via phone, including the occasional cold call.
- A high degree of comfort in working the room at a networking event
- Strong written communication skills
- Outgoing personality
- Familiarity with the Vermont business community
- Familiarity with membership-based organizations
- Sitting at a desk and working with a computer or phone for long periods of time.
- Some travel and occasional evenings required.
- Office is located at 255 So. Champlain St., Ste. 11, Burlington, VT 05401
VBSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community and individuals from diverse and often underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Deadline: January 10, 2018 12:00 am
To apply, send cover letter, resume and three references to Jane Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1/10/18.