VBSR is Hiring an Education & Events Manager
VBSR is a business association with over 700 members, advocating for policies which support workers, communities and the environment. The Education and Events Manager will provide leadership and execution for VBSR’s educational and events programming, including managing the Vermont Intern Program, coordinating external events and internal meetings, developing educational programming, and facilitating professional trainings. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Vermont Intern Program
- Soliciting employer participants for the Vermont Intern Program
- Vetting and posting internships; managing internship listings
- Correspondence with employers, applicants and interns
- Supporting the intern and employer throughout the internship
- Producing ENewsletter, including compiling articles and other content
- Promoting the program to VBSR member businesses and general public
- Social Media marketing and outreach to external partners and prospects
- Tracking participation and outcomes through data collection and analysis
- Creating quantitative reports for Board of Directors and program sponsors
- Expense reconciliation and budget management
- On-site staffing for Career Fairs and outreach events
- Plan, coordinate and manage all VBSR events, including Networking Get-Togethers, Fall and Spring Conferences and Annual VBSR Awards Dinner.
- Serve as staff liaison to VBSR Programming Committee.
- Work with VBSR’s staff and Programming Committee to support the development of fee-based educational programing
- Coordinate logistics for all conferences, workshops and trainings
- Facilitate professional trainings
Be a positive contributor to VBSR Staff Team and team-wide efforts, including membership growth, public relations, mission alignment and organizational development.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent planning skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Maturity, professionalism and discretion
- 2-5 years experience in project management
- 2-5 years experience planning large and complex events
- Adept at Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrated interest in education and professional development
- Commitment to VBSR’s mission
- Personal transportation and valid driver’s license
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experience with project management systems
- Familiarity with the business community
- Sitting at a desk
- Working with computer and phone for long periods of time.
- Some travel and occasional evenings required.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Office is located at 255 So. Champlain St., Ste. 11, Burlington, VT 05401
Work Culture & Environment:
- Opportunity for all staff to contribute ideas
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Opportunity for flexible hours and remote work
VBSR offers a competitive compensation package including generous time off, reimbursement for eligible mileage and meals, and VBSR Membership for all staff. Our office is located in downtown Burlington and staffed by a hard-working, mission-driven and fun-loving team with a demonstrated commitment to work-life balance. This is a full-time, exempt, permanent position.
VBSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community and individuals from diverse and often underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and three references to Jane Campbell, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.