21st Annual VBSR Awards Ceremony: Recap, Thanks, Photos, and More
Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility (VBSR), the statewide, nonprofit business association with a mission to leverage the power of business for positive social and environmental impact, celebrated their 21st Annual VBSR Awards Ceremony last night, Tuesday, October 4, at Basin Harbor, Vergennes.
It was wonderful to see our community engaged in honoring our awardees, deepening connections, and enjoying themselves. It is always empowering to see this community united around one vision – a just, thriving, and transformative economy that works for all people and the planet. Thank you to all who were able to attend.
In the presence of more than 130 members, partners, and other guests VBSR honored four outstanding awardees who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership in socially responsible business:
- Curtiss Reed, Jr., President of CRJ Consulting Group, L3C and Executive Director, Vermont Partnership for Fairness & Diversity with the VBSR Terry Ehrich Award for Lifetime Achievement,
- Mamava with the VBSR Innovation and Inspiration Award – Large Organization,
- Flexible Capital Fund, L3C with the VBSR Innovation and Inspiration Award – Small Organization, and
- Emiliano Void, nuwave Equity Corporation with the VBSR Young Changemaker Award.
Awardees were selected for their achievements in championing new ideas and initiatives, leading by example, and developing successful socially responsible business models.
As a part of the event, VBSR held their Expanding Our Movement Silent Auction featuring mission-aligned experiences, goods, and services from generous VBSR members, non-members, and community members. Funds raised will support greater access, equity, and impact as VBSR grows its movement to revolutionize business in Vermont. All auction items have been exhibited online since September 20th and are available for bidding through October 10th.
Silent auction opportunities and additional information on the awardees can be found at the official 21st Annual VBSR Awards Ceremony site: http://vbsrawards.org.
VBSR 2022 Awards Ceremony Sponsors
This year’s event was made possible by the generous support of our sponsors:
• Sunburst Sponsor: Mascoma Bank
• Sunshine Sponsors: Dunkiel Saunders, Mamava
• Luminary Sponsors: The Alchemist, King Arthur Baking Company, Main Street Landing, Vermont Department of Economic Development, Vermont Professionals of Color Network
• Supporting Sponsors: Basin Harbor, Dinse, Let’s Grow Kids, The Vermont Community Foundation, Vermont Awards & Engraving
VBSR Individual Award recipients (L to R) Emiliano Void (VBSR Young Changemaker Award) and Curtiss Reed, Jr. (VBSR Terry Ehrich Award for Lifetime Achievement) share congratulations – and a laugh – at the VBSR 21st Annual Awards Ceremony, October 4, 2022. (photo by VBSR)
VBSR Member Organization Awardees (L to R) Christine Dodson and Sascha Mayer on behalf of Mamava (VBSR Innovation & Inspiration Award – Large Organization) and Janice St. Onge on behalf of Flexible Capital Fund (VBSR Innovation & Inspiration Award – Small Organization) at the VBSR 21st Annual Awards Ceremony, October 4, 2022. (photo by VBSR)