Professional Development courses at Lake Champlain Maritime Museum.
Credits are available through Castleton University:
- Learning from the Lake: Using Primary Sources to Teach Key Proficiencies, Instructor Harry Chaucer, June 24-27, 2019, Presentations on August 19, 2019
- Presenting Abenaki Culture in the Classroom, Instructors Vera Longtoe Sheehan, Melody Walker Brook and additional Abenaki culture-bearers, August 8-10, 2019
- Phoenix Burning, Instructor Chris Sabick, July 1-3, 2019. Offered in conjunction with our 2019 Exhibit on Vermont Steamship Captain Jehaziel Sherman.
- Champlain Colloquium, Invited speaker David Hackett Fischer and scholars of French and Quebec history, August 1, 2019.
- Special Topics in Lake Champlain Natural History goes mobile! This modular course features investigations into fish, flood plan forests, water chemistry, plankton, and freshwater mussels. Location: Kamp Kill Kare State Park, St. Albans, VT July 15-19, 2019.