GMT COVID-19 Update: Stay home if possible, Free bus fare until April 1st, Some service suspended
Due to the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic, GMT would like to offer the following updates to our passengers.
To begin, if passengers are able to stay home, please do so. We’re here to get nurses, doctors, child care workers, first responders, transit workers, and anyone else who needs us where they need to go, safely.
Effective immediately until at least April 1, 2020, GMT will operate bus service fare free. We will continue to monitor COVID-19 updates and adjust this timeframe accordingly. Limiting the interaction on-board our buses will help us prevent the spread of COVID-19 to other passengers and to our Transit Operators. Whenever possible, Transit Operators will allow passengers to board and alight through the rear door of the bus.
Due to closures in many of our service regions, GMT will implement the following service changes on March 18, 2020:
- Mad River Valley bus service will be suspended until further notice.
- Stowe Mountain Road Shuttle will be reduced to hourly service from 6:30AM until 5:30PM, Monday-Sunday. This service will end on March 31, 2020 for the season.
- Neighborhood Special service in Chittenden County will be suspended until further notice.
The following service changes have already been implemented:
- The Capitol Shuttle will not operate the week of March 16, 2020.
“GMT’s goal is to maintain service for passengers who need it most,” says Interim General Manager, Jon Moore. “The goal is to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and GMT is putting strategies in place to sanitize buses and our facilities. As a community, we all have a responsibility to take care of one another.”
As COVID-19 developments continue, changes to GMT’s regular service schedule may occur rapidly. In order to receive prompt notification, we recommend the following:
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RideGMT
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RideGMT
- Sign-up for our Service Alert Email: https://bit.ly/2TXU4uR
- Review our Service Alerts page on our website: RideGMT.com
- Download the Transit App and receive alerts via the app: transitapp.com