There are many benefits to having your business in the Buy Local Book and Mobile App. Having a coupon or story in the book and app will:
- provide statewide visibility year-round to more than 6,000 Vermonters
- connect you with customers who want to support local business
- give new customers incentives to try your product or service
- mean you benefit from our year-round social media and other promotion
- cost only $20-$25 per month for one coupon!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to join VBSR to be included in the book and app?
No. However, VBSR members get a discount when they put a coupon in the book/app, and they receive a free VBSR/Local First Vermont banner and window decal.
Do all local businesses qualify to participate in the book and app?
No. You must meet the following criteria:
- The business is privately held, not publicly traded.
- More than 50% of the business ownership (i.e., the business owners), must live in Vermont.
- The business is based in Vermont* and has no corporate or national headquarters outside the state.
- The business can make independent decisions regarding the name and look of the business, as well as all business purchasing practices and distribution.
What’s the deadline for being in the book and app?
Your coupon info form needs to be submitted by May 15th. If you sign up today, we may be able to include you in the app for additional months – for free.
How much does it cost to be in the book and app?
The fees below are the total price to be in both the book and the app (one price includes you in both).
** If you’re not already a VBSR member and you spend at least $190, you can get a very special introductory VBSR new member rate of $125 (regularly $200/year).