Weekend On-Call Assistant | Part Time
Location: 131 St Paul St, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
CarShare Vermont provides 24/7 on-call service to assist our members with issues encountered during trips. On-call assistants work independently to provide this service outside of CSVT’s regular business hours, specifically on weekends and holidays. A typical weekend shift begins Friday at 5pm and ends Monday at 9am. Most of the time, on-call staff provide assistance remotely – over the phone and with a computer. Occasionally, however, visits to vehicles are required, which means that on-call staff need to remain local during their shift.
During a weekend shift, call volume is typically in the 5-10 range, while actual time spent taking calls and responding to issues is usually less than 3 hours.
- Carry the cell phone provided by CSVT and answer calls from members with a
friendly and supportive demeanor
- Stay local while on duty (15-minute radius of Burlington)
- Provide assistance and instructions that enable members to complete their trips
- Learn and utilize CSVT’s reservation system to effectively troubleshoot issues
- Occasionally travel to a vehicle when necessary to resolve an issue in person
- Carefully document calls and actions taken to resolve issues
- Professional and personable – prior customer service experience preferred
- Patient and determined when solving problems
- Comfortable learning and utilizing new software
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a clean driving record
- Available to cover at least one holiday shift per year and one weekend shift per month. Bonuses available for holiday coverage
- Interest in shared mobility in the Burlington community is a plus!
On-call assistants earn a base stipend of $150 for a typical shift, even when there are no calls, plus $25/hour for time spent responding to calls (increased stipend for holiday shifts). On-call assistants also receive a free share-a-lot membership with $50 in driving credits per month, provided they have covered at least one shift in the prior month.
Express your interest in this position by emailing Quinn Salinder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your resume and explain why you would be a great fit for this position.