Web Merchandiser, Direct to Consumer | Full Time
Location: 80 Industrial Parkway
Manages the presentation of regional digital content with a customer-first mindset. As a Merchandiser on the eCommerce team, you’ll be responsible for driving increased conversion rates and revenue per visitor by delivering an efficient, memorable shopping experience derived from analytical data and KPI analysis. This ideal candidate is a forward thinker who can identify impactful insights and translate these learnings into actions, while possessing a can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
What You Get To Do:
- Optimize website layout, marketing content, navigation, features and functionality based on analysis of identified key performance indicators, product performance and customer data to drive conversion and margin.
- Implement effective web merchandising strategies, including product categorization, product sequencing, promotions, product page optimization, and cross-sell/up-sell strategies.
- Maintain and optimize site search, ensuring product names, keywords and attributes are searchable in all regional languages.
- Maintain and manage user generated content to optimize product conversion and increase user engagement metrics.
- Create, update, and maintain regional Web content in content management system, monitor content on live site and trouble shoot or escalate.
- Execute seasonal product launches.
- Collaborate with Global Merchandising and Marketing teams in developing regionally relevant, compelling merchandising themes and storytelling for each season and across categories to feature trends, marketing initiatives and promotions.
- Leverage cross-functional partnerships to constantly improve the Burton.com experience, find ways to improve processes to make the site more customer focused, and ensure the website experience is cohesive to all other areas of the Burton brand.
- Collaborate with Marketing and E-Commerce Leads on the marketing materials and ensure compliance with updated brand and style guidelines.
- Constantly advocate for the Customer and represent the business needs of Burton and Anon’s Direct to Consumer team.
- Remain customer-obsessed in all aspects of the job – looking for opportunities to remove existing friction points in the online journey, customer product discovery process, and ultimately enhancing consumer engagement and conversion.
- Leverage an intense curiosity to learn eCommerce Merchandising best practices.
- Leverage that expertise to implement global web merchandising guidelines with regional nuance and local expertise within region.
- Help create weekly and monthly performance reporting and KPI analysis making strategic recommendations based on results.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, 2-3 years of web merchandising experience or an equivalent combination or education/experience.
- Prior retail experience desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proof-reading skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with project management experience.
- Experience working cross-functionally with marketing, product management, web developers, merchants, and product development teams.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with all levels of the organization. Ability to work independently. Team player who also demonstrates leadership skills.
- Basic HTML and CSS familiarity required
Preference given to candidates with Sales Force Commerce Cloud platform experience
The Burton community believes in respect for all people and the planet. We embrace and strive for a community that values differences and stands for equality and the fight to get there. Regardless of how you identify, how the world sees you, or how you play outside, please feel welcome to apply and join our community.