Web Developer | Full Time
The Web Developer plays a crucial role in initiating, developing, maintaining, and evolving VEIC’s websites and digital products. They perform collectively within the marketing team to translate strategies and creative solutions into the development of intelligent and engaging online experiences. With a firm handle on web development best practices, they work collaboratively with peers to ensure the delivery of positive online experiences for all our customer and client segments. This role is part of a high-production digital team that works cross-functionally to develop and execute innovative and strategic campaigns across all VEIC’s public-facing websites, web applications, and tools.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Manages and performs digital development and day-to-day maintenance of VEIC’s web properties, including small, medium, and large projects—from website rebuilds and building apps to fixing web bugs.
- Communicates and cooperates with internal partners to develop website functionalities and integrate digital tools (including third-party applications) and tactics into VEIC’s customer engagement and marketing activities.
- Manages website infrastructure and systems (Orchard CMS), light DNS, and server administration as needed.
- Collaborates with Senior Developers to establish and manage development roadmaps that support annual marketing plans and align with internal technology development plans.
- Troubleshoots bottlenecks and resourcing gaps and identifies the need for additional internal and external resources.
- Collaborates with Networking on the management of service providers and hosting.
- Ensures development adheres to best practices for user experience (UX) patterns, core web vitals, SEO accessibility, security, and consumer data regulations.
- Stays current on trends, tools, and technologies and brings that learning to the team to expand the effectiveness and reach of VEIC’s online presence.
- Proactively teaches colleagues and partners about best web development practices and helps solve digital problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals, and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, plus 2–5 years of website development experience, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- Extensive knowledge of web development practices and processes, code sharing and management, UX/UI design, information architecture, and data architecture.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, including planning, facilitation, vendor management, communications, and the ability to effectively develop and attain goals.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with technical experts and support the needs of internal clients, partners, and vendors on time.
- Demonstrated ability to translate market strategies into actionable digital initiatives.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to identify and implement the best allocation of resources to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), organization, and planning skills.
- Experience implementing web accessibility best practices and standards.
- Orchard CMS and Vue.js experience is highly desired.
Please apply on our website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1379/web-developer-%28front-end%29/job