Web Accessibility Specialist | Full Time
Summary of the Position
Accessible Web has an opening for a Web Accessibility Specialist. The Web Accessibility Specialist will audit websites & web applications and test user interfaces against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), as well as provide consultation about how to most effectively implement remediations. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of WCAG success criteria and how to test for them, technical experience working with HTML and CSS, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have strong attention to detail.
- Auditing & Testing – The Web Accessibility Specialist will audit client’s websites and web apps for WCAG conformance through both manual tests and automated tools.
- Remediation Consulting – The Accessibility Specialist will provide technical guidance so that accessibility barriers are removed from current or new UI components.
- Results Reporting – The Web Accessibility Specialist will deliver audit results via Accessible Web RAMP (our platform). They will review the results with the Accessibility Success Coordinator so that the information can be effectively conveyed to the client.
- WCAG Auditing Experience – We are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of WCAG success criteria and how to audit/test against them. Experience auditing for WCAG is required.
- Technical Experience – We are looking for someone with a solid understanding of web development technologies and how they impact the user experience. Experience with HTML is required but developing user interfaces is not.
- Communication Skills – You should be able to clearly and effectively communicate with our team in both written and verbal fashion. Your writing skills should show a high attention to detail and your verbal communication should be formal. You should have the ability to communicate complex topics succinctly. It is crucial that the Web Accessibility Specialist is able to describe WCAG failures & their recommended remediation techniques in a concise manner.
- Assistive Technology Experience – A large part of the job involves testing interfaces and validating that they conform to WCAG requirements. Some of the tests include using a screen reader such as VoiceOver or NVDA. Basic experience using these technologies is required.
- Organized and Disciplined – We are looking for someone that can focus and log billable hours on their own, over extended periods of time without much management oversight.
Core Competencies for Success:
Strong attention to detail, persistent drive for problem solving, demonstrated organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, ability to work independently and within a team, highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities / deadlines, ability to think critically and be creative.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range of $55k-60k
- Stock Options
- Full health benefits including dental and vision coverage
- 401k with company match
- Wellness Stipend
- 15 days PTO per year for new employees
- 8 company holidays per year + end of year closing
- Flex schedule
- Opportunity for remote employment
Please submit your resume via the job listing our our website – https://accessibleweb.com/careers/web-accessibility-wcag-specialist/