Encore Renewable Energy
Vice President of People and Talent | Full Time
Category: Renewable Energy
Title: Vice President of People and Talent
Location: Burlington, VT preferred (location negotiable)
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore Renewable Energy is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on developing, building, owning and operating sustainable, high return community-scale solar PV systems, large scale energy storage applications and 21st century solutions for the redevelopment of underutilized property. Since the Company’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as the leader in the Vermont solar market having been involved in the development and construction of nearly 100 community-scale solar projects. Encore closed on a long-term equity financing with SUSI Partners in 2023, and has committed capital to own and operate approximately 500 MW of community-scale solar and energy storage projects as part of its vertically integrated clean energy independent power producer platform. Encore has leveraged its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive markets across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, as well as select markets in the Western portion of the U.S., and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet its growth and strategic objectives.
Vice President of People and Talent Position
Encore Renewable Energy is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience and aptitude to serve as Vice President of People and Talent. As Vice President of People and Talent, you will play a vital role in supporting our mission by leading and managing our human resources function to attract, develop, and retain top talent while fostering a positive and inclusive work culture. In addition, you will serve as part of our strategy team and assist in incorporating people and talent into our strategic blueprint.
The Vice President of People and Talent will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s human resource function. Reporting directly to a Co-CEO, you will provide strategic guidance, lead HR initiatives, and collaborate with senior leadership to support the company’s growth objectives and maintain a high-performance organization. This is a high-skill level position, requiring an experienced and talented professional who can fit in well with the Encore culture of productivity, growth, and performance.
Encore is a dynamic, high-growth, team-oriented, entrepreneurial company. We want colleagues who are committed to a triple bottom line of people, planet, profit, and who are willing to take on responsibilities outside of their comfort zone.
- Develop and implement human resource strategies, policies, and programs aligned with the company’s objectives, ensuring they promote employee engagement, development, and retention;
- Collaborate with the leadership team to provide strategic HR guidance and input on organizational planning, talent acquisition, engagement analysis, compensation management and succession planning;
- Oversee the full cycle of recruitment and selection processes, ensuring effective sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding of top-quality candidates;
- Develop and implement programs to attract, develop, and retain talent, including performance management and career development;
- Establish an HR systems and technology roadmap geared to facilitate efficient and strategic growth as Encore scales from 30+ employees to 50-100 over the next five years;
- Work closely with the executive leadership team and department heads to identify current and future staffing needs and proactively address talent gaps;
- Foster a positive, equitable and inclusive work culture by implementing programs that promote employee engagement, opportunity, recognition, and work-life balance;
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on employee relations matters, including conflict resolution, performance issues, and disciplinary actions;
- Monitor implementation of employee feedback mechanisms;
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team to develop and administer competitive compensation and benefits programs, ensuring market competitiveness and compliance with regulations;
- Monitor and update the company’s compensation structure;
- Manage all Company-provided health insurance and other benefit offerings;
- Promote a culture of continuous learning and professional development, including the establishment of mentorship and coaching programs;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws, regulations, and reporting requirements;
- Oversee the maintenance employee records, including personnel files and HR systems.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5+years of progressive People and Talent experience;
- Demonstrated experience as a strategic HR leader, with a track record of developing and implementing HR strategies aligned with business objectives;
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations;
- Proven ability to lead and manage HR initiatives, including talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, and organizational development;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions;
- HR certification (e.g., SHRM-SCP, SPHR) preferred;
- Ability to self-organize priorities, set and work to deadlines;
- A high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that of which we are most proud. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy economy of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended parental leave
- 100% of health-care premiums funded by Encore
- Work-life balance with flexible work schedules (remote work opportunities) and attractive paid-time off policy
- 14 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays of employee’s choice)
- One paid volunteer day each fiscal quarter
- 401k profit sharing
- Employee equity participation program
- Continuing education and tuition assistance
Encore believes that an equitable and inclusive work environment, and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We are not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We are looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Encore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Encore complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Encore has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org