King Arthur Flour
Vice President of Operations | Full Time
Location: 62 Fogg Farm Road
The Vice President of Operations will manage all core operational functions within Manufacturing and Production/Supply Chain that support the KAF mission. The VP Operations will lead the operations of the company in sourcing, producing and delivering products which effectively meet current and future growth.
This role will participate in organizational planning and serve as a critical thought partner and member of the senior management team. The VP will play a key role in developing and refining KAF’s overall vision and strategy and managing change processes in support of organizational objectives. This individual will be responsible for initiating best practices and will be responsible for the production metrics to monitor continuous improvement across the supply chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage the systems, processes, and services that support Manufacturing operations
· Provide leadership for inventory management, planning and logistics to improve overall operational execution and efficiency of KAF. Bring rigor and best in class experience to these critical areas of development
· Ensure that Food Safety quality is held to the highest standards within King Arthur Flour and with all outside suppliers and partners
· Support the company in key negotiations with vendors, partners, etc.
· Oversee all aspects of the product production process and ongoing strategic/resource planning, collaborating with senior management. Ensure strategic priorities are aligned with budget priorities and translated into rigorous, executable plans
· Develop processes, reporting tools, business plans and budgets for the supply chain team and manage internal and external resources to deliver results against business goals, objectives, priorities, procedures and operating budgets in line with KAF’s strategic and annual business plans
· Assertively manage, develop, and communicate a production calendar that resolves production and delivery issues for the organization and improves the company’s ability to deliver quality product consistently
· Foster and manage relationships with key business partners such as farmers, mills, raw material suppliers, and shipping companies. Establish and communicate delivery, product quality and other performance standards, participate manufacturing partner development as necessary to support ongoing production requirements, negotiate contracts, schedule production, evaluate performance and resolve performance issues to ensure maintenance of highest product quality and shipment standards.
· Familiar with GMP/FDA/OSHA/SOPs, supporting such as needed
· Ensure that all operations exceed all regulatory standards for quality, EH&S and other applicable regulations. This is especially true of all quality standards as interpreted and enforced by national and state regulators throughout the markets served.
· Provide critical leadership at the intersection of sales, marketing, product, and production/supply chain teams. Bring “best practices” in managing solutions for product challenges, inventory allocation issues and coordination of all key players in the process.
· Lead Operations team in the effective introduction of new products, efficiently and on schedule
· Build and maintain a strong team of operations executives. This includes recruiting, training and developing management personnel at both the executive and plant levels who are capable of running sophisticated, complex manufacturing facilities. This will require an executive who is an excellent judge of talent with a proven record of attracting top performers and then mentoring them to outstanding performance.
Minimum job requirements
· 10 years of experience in broad supply chain management, preferably in consumer products manufacturing businesses
· Solid functional expertise in internal manufacturing operations, co-manufacturing management and relationships, demand planning, procurement, inventory management, and logistics
· Must have working knowledge of supply chain financial implications, budgeting, planning and analysis
· He/she must be adept at managing multiple projects and the resources to support those projects at any given time due to the entrepreneurial nature of the company
· The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree, preferably in business or logistics or a related discipline. A graduate level business or management degree, such as an MBA, from a top tier university is highly desirable.
Success factors/competencies for this role
· Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
· Think and act strategically, understand how role contributes to larger outcome
· Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
· Set high standards for oneself, meet deadlines
· Learn from mistakes, receptive to feedback
· Effective communicator, listen and respect others’ points of view
· Participate in team problem solving and decision making
· Maintain a positive attitude
· Community minded – get involved, volunteer
Physical requirements/work environment
· Ability to sit and work on a computer for extended periods
· Workspace is located in an open-office environment
· Understand that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
· Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
· Engage in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation in same
· Adhere to company-wide green norms, look for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
· Educate oneself on KAF environmental campaigns
· Strive to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact
· It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law. King Arthur Flour provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to participate in both the application process and during employment. Such individuals are encouraged to seek accommodations to allow them to apply for a position, participate in the application process, and meet the essential functions and requirements of the position.
it is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
To learn more about King Arthur Flour, and to apply, please visit us at www.kingarthurflour.com/jobs