Vermont Arts Council
Vermont Creative Network Outreach Organizer | Part Time
The Vermont Arts Council (VAC) is the designated state arts agency for Vermont and operates as an independent non-profit organization. Since 1965, VAC has been the primary funder for the arts in Vermont.
VAC also serves as the backbone organization for the Vermont Creative Network (VCN). Established by the Vermont Legislature in May 2016 as an initiative of the Arts Council, the VCN is a broad collective of organizations, businesses, and individuals working to advance Vermont’s creative sector. The Network is organized into six regional “zones,” each led by a zone agent.
The VCN has focused recent efforts on the design and completion of an ambitious strategic action plan for Vermont’s creative sector. Released in 2021, the CreateVT Action Plan is a vision and roadmap for a Vermont that thrives through creativity, inclusivity, and innovation. Developed over three years in partnership with hundreds of Vermont creatives, the plan builds on years of research and collaboration to serve our creative sector into the future. Now is the moment to empower and invest in Vermont’s creative sector, and in turn let creativity and innovation shape an equitable and prosperous Vermont.
In our vision:
- Arts, culture and creativity are essential infrastructure
- Vermont communities thrive through creative expression and enterprise
- Creatives and creative enterprises succeed in a diverse, connected, and collaborative environment
We are now ready to move forward to build the capacity of the network and to activate the regional zones to reflect the priorities and strategic objectives outlined in the Action Plan. To advance the plan, our focus this year is in three areas: advocacy, activating regional efforts, and building the capacity of the network.
The Vermont Creative Network Outreach Organizer is a new position. The VCN seeks an outgoing, thoughtful individual who is a skilled relationship-builder, to provide outreach and coordination services to advance the strategic priorities of the CreateVT Action Plan.
The VCN is working with a lobbying firm, Downs Rachlin Martin, to shape and promote an advocacy agenda built around the CreateVT Action Plan. The person in the VCN Outreach Organizer position will focus on activating regional relationships and activities, and building the capacity of the Network.
This is a part-time, temporary position slated to run from November 2021 until June 2022, with potential for continuation and expansion in FY23 pending funding. This position reports to the Deputy Director/VCN Coordinator and will work remotely, with regular statewide travel to meet with VCN stakeholders (to the degree feasible during the pandemic) and occasional trips to VAC offices in Montpelier.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Strengthen existing relationships and build new relationships with key stakeholders and VCN participants
- Develop and coordinate core VCN working groups to monitor and advance goals
- Manage VCN steering team communications and meetings
- Support the 6 zone agents in organizing and network activities.
- In coordination with VAC communications team, engage social media channels and build out VCN website to reflect progress on the Action Plan
- Provide regular communication and updates to the VCN Steering team and to the field at large regarding advocacy efforts and progress on the Plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of effective project and team management
- Ability and passion to build and strengthen relationships that will support an integrated statewide network of creative individuals, organizations, and businesses
Other desirable characteristics:
- personal or professional connection to Vermont’s creative sector
- experience with social media management
We require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
This is a part-time, temporary position (estimated 20-24 hours a week) with a flexible work schedule. Compensation package will include an hourly wage between $34 and $39, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.
The Vermont Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic bias, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or other category protected by applicable state or federal law.
Deadline: October 29, 2021 12:00 am
Please submit a resume, a brief overview of your relevant experience and how you would approach this position, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until October 29, 2021 and will be kept strictly confidential.