Vermont Employee Ownership Center
VEOC Program & Research Intern | Paid Internship
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
The Vermont Employee Ownership Center (VEOC) is seeking an intern to work for the Summer of 2022 in Burlington, Vermont. This position is generally intended for a rising college junior, senior, or graduate student, but non-students with a college degree and interest in employee-ownership are also welcome to apply.
The VEOC is a statewide non-profit whose mission is to promote and foster employee ownership in order to broaden capital ownership, deepen employee participation, retain jobs, increase living standards for working families, and stabilize communities.
- Assisting with the preparation for, and execution of, the 20th Annual Vermont Employee Ownership Conference on June 9th.
- Updating our annual survey of Vermont employee-owned companies and writing a report on the results.
- Assisting with marketing and outreach work for seminars and events.
- Researching and writing profiles of Vermont businesses.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent.
- Strong written communication skills, including Google Docs and Sheets proficiency.
- Pursuing or possessing a degree in business, community development, economics, or a related field *and/or* a strong demonstrated independent interest in employee ownership, alternative business models, etc.
- If currently enrolled in an academic program, a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Experience with event planning/production.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
Schedule and Compensation:
- The position will be for 200 hours over the course of the summer at $17.50/hour.
- The position will start on June 1 (somewhat flexible).
- The intern will be expected to work 20 hours per week for the internship, with the exception of the week of the Conference. The intern’s schedule, including weeks off, will be finalized prior to the start of the internship.
- The intern must be available to work up to 40 hours the week of the Conference, including the evening of June 8 and all day June 9.
- The intern must complete their hours by no later than August 31, 2022.
Deadline: February 12, 2022 12:00 am
Please submit a statement of interest/cover letter and resume to Executive Director Matt Crop via email@example.com by Friday, February 11th, 2022. We will reach out the week following the deadline to schedule interviews with finalists.