Validation Engineer | Full Time
Location: 35 Thompson Street, OnLogic
As a senior member of the Engineering Team in our South Burlington, Vermont Headquarters, you will help ensure the quality and functionality of OnLogic’s portfolio of products by leading the definition and implementation of our next-generation Test Strategy. You will improve our existing validation and testing coverage for internal development projects and COTS product offerings. You will work globally and cross-functionally, primarily engaging with the Electrical, Mechanical, and Applications Engineering teams on multiple concurrent projects.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Engage the Product Manager to understand what features and performance are expected for a new product to be successful in the market.
- Author a test plan, including resource needs and schedules, for a new product, ensuring adequate coverage is achieved.
- Execute your test plan, ensuring identified tests (e.g. signal integrity, standards compliance, DC-to-DC power rails, thermals) are run and results are logged.
- Deeply understand designs to evaluate tests, remedy test failures, and provide quick feedback to improve performance.
- Automate tests which can be automated.
The team you will be joining:
Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team’s success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include, Electrical, Mechanical, Field Applications and Regulatory.
- Learn more about Life at OnLogic
- Extensive experience validating systems made up of electrical and mechanical components, including evaluation of power rails, digital signal integrity, and thermals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience in Engineering or related field.
- Years of experience with growing responsibilities within the product development cycle; conceptualizing approaches, implementing tests, analyzing and sharing results, and creating thorough documentation.
Who we’re looking for:
- Superior ability to prioritize concurrent tasks, manage your time, communicate project milestones, and execute to a plan.
- A leader with a mind for continuous improvement and an eye for DfT.
- Comfortable regularly sharing knowledge with a cross-functional team of people equally excited to enhance products and processes.
- A detailed person with an understanding of how a product will be used to ensure components come together to produce useful systems.
Who we are:
OnLogic is growing, and we want to give you the same opportunity to grow in your career! We design and manufacture specialized computers and hardware solutions for companies all over the world, helping them to make the seemingly impossible possible. Our computers are designed to work where others would fail, and it’s our vision to be the first choice in industrial computing. To make that vision a reality, we’ve built a team of ambitious problem solvers, guided by the company’s core values of Open, Fair, Innovative and Independent. We have an open office, open salaries and strive to be fair and transparent in our decision making. We encourage input and feedback from every member of our team and look to improve ourselves and our business every single day.
OnLogic is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To learn more about our values, our mission and what it’s like to work at OnLogic, visit www.onlogic.com/careers.
The salary range for this role is $70,000 to $80,000. We determine final compensation based on discussions with applicants and their experience in similar roles.
- A competitive Salary based upon your experience and the requirements of the role
- A comprehensive Benefits package
- 401k Plan with 3% Employer Contribution
- An Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave, and Short & Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to Participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- A personal development plan created to help you (and us) grow