Chroma Technology Corp.
Vacuum Coating Technician – Second Shift | Full Time
Location: 10 Imtec Lane
Vacuum Coating Technician
Bellow Falls, Vermont
Chroma Technology Corp., a world leader in the advanced manufacturing of thin-film optical coatings, has an exciting opening for a Vacuum Coating Technician – 2nd Shift, Monday – Thursday, 2pm-12am!
JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Vacuum Coating Technician operates and maintains multiple pieces of high-vacuum equipment producing a wide variety of complex optical coatings. They work with a team to optimize output and maximize performance.
- Set up glass substrates for coating using various manual and automated processes
- Prepare coating equipment for deposition including but not limited to chemical preparation, media blasting, hardware changes, job selection
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot high-vacuum thin film deposition equipment. Identify, troubleshoot, and correct process related issues
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Evaluate coated optical components for adherence to spectral, cosmetic, and physical specifications
- Develop a working knowledge of thin film optical designs
- Work with a team of operators and schedulers to optimize output of several vacuum systems by assisting in organizing workload and maintaining equipment for maximum performance
- Interface with various departments (Quality Control, Engineering, Sales, Production Control, etc.) to streamline custom manufacturing in a self-directed work team environment
- Communicate in a clear, effective and professional manner
- Support coworkers by helping when it is appropriate
- Follow through on tasks, responsibilities, and projects
- Be organized when helping to solve problems, supporting project teams, or instituting goals
- Be adaptable to ever changing challenges
- Collaborate with colleagues to find most appropriate solutions
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- High-vacuum, optics or electro-mechanical experience strongly preferred
- Comfort with computers in a manufacturing environment (Windows, database entry, deposition and design/evaluation software, etc.)
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office Google and email
- Dexterity in handling small, delicate parts
- General background in science/mathematics helpful
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a high-paced production environment
- Quality conscious, cooperative team player
- Self-starter, detail oriented, independent worker
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to work effectively with all individuals/groups within the organization
Please visit our career page at www.chroma.com to review the full job description, summary of benefits, and to apply online.