UX/UI Designer | Full Time
We are looking for a talented UI / UX Designer to come join us in creating amazing digital experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess strong UI skills, and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
At Bluehouse we pride ourselves on having a good work-life balance, which includes flexibility around work schedules and remote work. We empower our staff to be continuous learners and encourage learning opportunities. We also give back to and support our local communities.
We strive to care for and support our staff. We treat our people as exactly that: people. We recognize the needs of life and family.
Our portfolio reflects our penchant for interesting engagements — web applications for startups, lead-generating websites for renewable energy companies, content-rich websites for nonprofits, and mission-critical websites for government. Come join us!
- Take ownership of design projects
- Communicate with clients to identify their needs and design preferences
- Create and improve wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Design page layouts and templates
- Creates satisfying or compelling digital experiences for users
- Work with front-end web developers to deploy designs
- Select and prepare imagery
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and clients
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Qualifications & Skills
- Familiarity with UX design software such as Sketch, UXPin, and InVision.
- A great eye for visual design and an understanding of contrast, spacing, consistency, color, and the other elements & principles of design.
- Thinking outside of the box. We’re not looking to make websites that look like everyone else’s – we want unique concepts that match our clients’ vision.
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch
- Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
- Ability to deliver production-ready digital assets in a wide variety of formats
- Knowledge of UI/UX principles
- Comfort working in a deadline-driven environment
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Agency experience a plus
Traits we look for in a Designer
- Attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Plenty of paid vacation and personal time
- Full health benefits
- Employee retirement plan
Sound like a place you can thrive?
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UI / UX Designer” in the subject line.