Local Motion Inc.
Trailside Center Staff Openings | Seasonal
Location: 1 Steele Street Burlington, VT
Local Motion’s Trailside Center Staff are responsible for daily, on-site operation of our bicycle rental business on the Burlington waterfront. As members of the broader team, our seasonal Trailside Center Staff are the front line ambassadors for Local Motion and the unsurpassed recreational opportunities of our State. Staff engage visitors and inform them about the importance of local cycling and pedestrian advocacy and all the benefits of supporting such efforts beyond the bike rental fees.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greet incoming and returning customers enthusiastically…”great day for a bike ride!” or “how was your ride today?”
- Answer Trailside Center phone and be prepared to answer all sorts of questions about: rentals, pricing, parking, places to buy food/ eat, the Island Line Trail and the Bike Ferry, the weather/conditions on the Trail.
- Assist customers to accurately and completely fill out rental paperwork.
- Perform rental and product sales transactions.
- Engage customers and promote Local Motion’s non-profit advocacy and educational messages.
- Size, adjust and explain operation of rental bikes to customers.
- Provide advice on cycling trails/routes for beginner to intermediate riders.
- Answer customer questions and provide route/destination advice.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of bikes, to include:
- handlebar/seat adjustment, tire/tube repair/replacement, brake adjustment, derailleur adjustment, chain lubrication/adjustment, wheel truing
- In conjunction with Trailside Center Bicycle Mechanics, maintain fleet service records in bike fleet database.
- At end of day, count drawer and prepare bank deposits.
- Perform daily TC cleaning and organizing as required, water outdoor plants.
- Perform weekly inventory of drinks, food etc.
Full job description at www.localmotion.org/join_our_team
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com