Tax Accountant | Full Time
Location: 85 Swift Street
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Salary Range:$70,000.00 To 90,000.00 Annually
NNEEC is seeking an experienced Tax Accountant to help the organization and its subsidiaries with multiples tax functions that ranges from tax compliance, tax accounting and tax research and planning.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION?
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of consolidated and standalone corporate federal and state tax returns.
- Improve and maintain internal tax return preparation process.
- Respond to federal and state audits and inquiries.
- In charge of corporate tax payments.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and GAAP financial tax provisions and audit footnotes.
- Participate in tax forecasting, budgeting and planning process.
- Keep up to date with federal and state tax laws changes.
- Prepare rate case (energy regulated divisions) supporting tax worksheets and calculations.
- Prepare FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) reporting on tax related issues.
- Other duties as may be required or requested.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIRED SKILLS FOR THIS ROLE?
- Cultural fit – We look for attitude, aptitude, work ethic and self-awareness as key attributes in our candidates. We hire people who others want to be around, learn quickly, have the grit to work through the inevitable roadblocks and the capacity and desire to produce a lot of great results for our customers. Self-awareness is the trickiest and most important of these. It is key to understand what is unique about you – where you will be excellent and where you will under-produce without support.
- Ability to deliver high quality results.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes.
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic organizational structure.
- Skillful in developing and building successful internal and external relationships.
- Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong technology aptitude to learn and leverage technology solutions for communication, analysis, and efficient workflows. Excel experience required.
- Seeking 5 to 7 years of tax accounting experience (multistate utility experience is a plus).
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
Northern New England Energy Corporation (NNEEC) is an employee and customer-centric energy company based in Vermont. A subsidiary of Énergir, L.P., NNEEC is the parent company of Green Mountain Power Corporation, Vermont Gas Systems, Inc., Standard Solar, Inc. and Northern New England Investment Company, which holds an ownership interest in Portland Natural Gas Transmission System. We take pride in our total benefits rewards program offered to our employees. Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, competitive compensation and bonus potential, 401(k) with employer contributions, and ample paid time off.
Deadline: May 24, 2022 12:00 am