King Arthur Flour
Talent Acquisition Manager | Full Time
Location: 62 Fogg Farm Road
The Talent Acquisition Manager position is responsible for leading the activities of the recruitment life cycle from approved requisition position to candidate offer. The role is an organizational influencer in the areas of hiring for culture fit, organizational advocate, process administration and compliance, sourcing strategies, and process resource tools. Keeps abreast of employment laws related to the selection and hiring process. The individual in this role must consistently represent the organization’s mission, values, and organizational competencies. This role is also the back-up for orientations and employee relations.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and legal guidelines. Review and maintain internal controls, policies and procedures related to the selection and hiring process.
- Assist in developing annual HR operating budgets and long-range plans specifically related to sourcing and selection processes and market trends
- Builds credibility with hiring managers as a trusted work partner through timely and knowledgeable responses and actions
- Responsible for the following primary selection process activities:
- Effectively manages the approved requisition posting process both internally and externally. Identifies both consistent posting vehicles and practices consultative partnership with hiring managers to determine special posting needs when necessary. This process also includes a review of job qualifications and responsibilities, including updated job descriptions;
- Actively sources passive candidates for requisitions for unique roles as well as roles that experience less than 5 qualified candidates per posting;
- Conducts structured, efficient screening interviews with the goal of sending 2-3 highly qualified candidates per req to hiring managers within three to four weeks of posting (on average);
- Assists manager in selection process, including coordination information with compensation and benefits staff members as necessary;
- Makes offer to candidate and manages basic negotiation.
- Ensures effective hand-off of offer-accepted candidates to pre-boarding process.
- Manages sourcing and selection vendor relationships, including temporary services.
- Partners with marketing to lead the employment branding efforts at the direction of marketing. This includes regular posting to social media sites such as LinkedIn.
- Managing annual recruiting calendar events such as job fairs and community relations related to employment branding.
- Proactively leads seasonal hiring strategies and processes with the assistance of other designated staff members.
- Provides continuous communication updates related to hiring events throughout the year.
- Tracks HR metrics and identified patterns and recommendations from both quantifiable and observational data.
- In coordination with the VP of HR, develops broader talent acquisition strategies, as well as unique position posting needs.
- Ability to act in the capacity of Executive Recruiter when called up.
- Updates and maintains standard operating procedures where relevant and adopts a continuous improvement mindset by identifying opportunities for time or cost savings.
- Cross-trained in on-boarding activities and employee relations in order to act as a back-up.
- Participates in HR projects as the voice of the employee and/or supervisor perspective as appropriate.
Minimum job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in human resources or other related areas.
- At least five years of experience in a talent acquisition role.
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to be flexible and resilient when obstacles and priorities shift
- Excellent knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles, and all applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Proven background in data management, reporting and analysis.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and handle shifting priorities.
- Proven planning, decision-making, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Open to change, recommend actions for continuous improvement
- Think and act strategically, understand how role contributes to larger outcome
- Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Set high standards for oneself, meet or exceeds deadlines on a consistent basis
- Learn from mistakes and is receptive to feedback
- Effective communicator, listen and respect others’ points of view
- Participate in team problem solving and decision making
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Community minded – get involved, volunteer
Physical requirements/work environment
- Must be able to work at a computer for hours at a time each day
- Must be comfortable with working in an open office environment
- Occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds will be required
- As part of the work in this role, travel will be required to various buildings in and around the Norwich/Wilder area
- Understand that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
- Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
- Engage in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team
- Adhere to company-wide green norms, look for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
- Educate oneself on KAF environmental campaigns
- Strive to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact