Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont
Summer Intern – Human Resources and Learning | Paid Internship
Location: 445 Industrial Lane, Barre, VT, USA
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont hires Vermont college students each summer to provide them an opportunity for a corporate experience in their field or area of interest, while also bringing value to our organization. Our paid intern positions provide meaningful, interesting work in your area of study. Interns work 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday during the summer.
Interns are encouraged to dive into our corporate culture of caring, participating in the various health and wellness initiatives of our STRIVE Program, or volunteering at a community event as a member of our Blue Crew. They are also given the opportunity to present their summer’s body of work to their colleagues and our executive team in August.
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross currently operates under a hybrid work model, allowing employees the ability to work both onsite and remote. Interns will have the option to work remote but are expected to work onsite on Wednesdays and one additional day per week.
NOTE: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster if eligible) and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy.
Human Resources AND Learning & Organizational Development (two departments)
The HR and L&OD intern will be assisting both our HR and L&OD departments with tasks including but not limited to:
- Supporting our Worksite Health and Wellness Manager in the creation and implementation of our annual Employee Appreciation Day event in late July, for 400+ BCBSVT employees. Tasks include: Creation of events and games matching the specific theme of the event; Creation of posters and writing to advertise events and games to Blue Cross employees; Juggling multiple tasks and deadlines in preparation of the event; Purchasing and organization of event materials and gifts; Coordinating with off-site vendors and on-site employee volunteers to staff events
- Helping support Learning & Organizational Development initiatives
- Assisting all members of the Human Resources and Learning & OD team with work and projects, as needed
- Preferred major in HR or Business
- Strong candidates will be self-motivated and have excellent writing and communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft applications (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel), experience with presentations/training and some experience in event planning.
Please apply for this position here.
To view other career opportunities, please visit: https://www.bluecrossvt.org/about/careers/current-career-opportunities