Strategic Energy Management Coach | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
VEIC is a sustainable energy company on a mission to generate the energy solutions the world needs. For more than 30 years, VEIC has worked with governments, utilities, foundations, and businesses across North America to design and deploy clean-energy services spanning energy efficiency, building decarbonization, transportation electrification, and a clean and flexible grid. VEIC administers three large-scale energy efficiency and decarbonization programs and provides full-service consulting and engineering services. VEIC is nationally recognized for originating pilots and programs that optimize energy use, reduce energy burdens for low-income customers, and advance emerging technologies and innovative program models
VEIC seeks a Strategic Energy Management (“SEM”) Coach to support our team’s work in the delivery of Strategic Energy Management coaching, training, and consultation. Qualified candidates located in Connecticut, New York or Massachusetts will be considered.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Serves on our SEM program delivery team in the Northeast, with oversight responsibilities for all workstreams and key deliverables.
- Facilitates workshops (virtual and in person) with large groups or single customer.
- Coaches customers at all levels on the value of energy management and ways to integrate it into their business practices.
- Collaborates with client teams to identify and help implement energy, cost, and GHG reduction measures including capital, O&M, and behavioral.
- Develops and maintains relationships with strategic or corporate accounts that result in the discovery of efficiency opportunities and completion of projects.
- Identifies efficiency opportunities and follows established guidelines in ensuring their successful execution.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with past, current, and possible future customers and business partners to promote energy management and periodically brings new work into the group.
- Conducts outreach activities, makes presentations, and organizes and staffs events as necessary.
- Communicates strategically to potential market players about the benefits of participation in VEIC programs.
- Identifies and understands customer needs, barriers, and objectives and is able to effectively develop strategies and value propositions from that information that will motivate our customers and partners to take action.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals, and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five or more years of relevant professional experience, including managing projects & client relationships, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired. Three or more years’ experience within the efficiency or renewable energy field(s) preferred.
- Ability to develop and nurture strong and trusting relationships with clients and partners and works collaboratively to achieve the project goals.
- Excellent analytical skills. Strong quantitative analytical skills preferred.
- Coaching, stakeholder engagement, and/or change management experience.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in approach to work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage all aspects of large, complex projects – including client interaction, maintaining project budgets, and overseeing all aspects of project work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Track record of effectiveness in persuasive communications.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously, address competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to be organized, detail oriented, and accurate.
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop (and acquire funding for) new consulting projects.
- Extensive knowledge of the characteristics of key energy-efficiency and/or renewable markets and measures.
- Extensive knowledge of good efficiency and/or renewable energy programs and policies.
- Facility with techniques of economic analysis.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Experience with ENERGY STAR and other energy benchmarking tools.
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies – e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, ISO.
- Knowledge of Commercial and Industrial facility buildings and systems.
Please apply at VEIC’s website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1330/sem-%28strategic-energy-management%29-coach/job