Staff Accountant | Full Time
Location: 38 Eastwood Drive, Suite 200, South Burlington, VT 05403
Hallam-ICS is a dynamic Engineering, Commissioning, and Controls System Integration company with offices in Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut and North Carolina. For over 35 years we have built a team of talented professionals to meet the varying needs of our clients. Hallam-ICS recognizes that our success as a business is built upon the quality of our employees.
We have an immediate opening in our Vermont office for a Full-time Staff Accountant.
- General Ledger and monthly financials
- Review and maintain schedules to support monthly journal entries for balance sheet adjustments
- Review and process monthly operating expense allocations
- Review general ledger monthly to identify other necessary journal entries
- Reconcile subledger reports to the general ledger
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements and closing monthly accounting periods
- Travel and Expense reports
- Process employee travel and expenses weekly
- Maintain organized receipt files to support amounts reimbursed
- Reports and required tax filings in multiple states
- Sales and Use tax filing (monthly, quarterly, or annually) in multiple states
- Annual personal property tax returns
- Annual state reports and business license renewals
- Provide support and backup to accounting staff as needed, including accounts payable and payroll processing
- Provide backup for administrative staff; cover phones, etc. when needed.
- Assist with any other accounting duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to interact with many different types of individuals, including executives, engineers, technicians and other business professionals.
- Must have strong technical writing and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas and properly describe problems and solutions.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail required.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have a polished and professional phone and email presence.
- Must display a solid work history and proven record of success.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple interruptions.
- Must have computer proficiency in Excel and Word. PDF editor proficiency is a plus.
- Must possess accurate data entry skills.
Education and Experience:
- A four year college degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- 3-5 years of closely related experience preferred
Hallam-ICS provides a generous compensation and benefits package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays and Vacation. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Hallam-ICS is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
Hallam-ICS is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/V/H.
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@hallam-ics.com.