Staff Accountant | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Summary of Position:
The Intervale Center in Burlington, Vermont seeks a full-time staff accountant working between 30 – 40 hours per week to join our growing organization. The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain the general ledger in a highly accurate and ethical manner. This position will provide excellent financial management to our mission- driven organization. An ideal candidate has at least four years of accounting experience, has clear written and verbal communication, and is excited to grow with our team.
- At least four years of accounting experience.
- A college degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred but not required.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Able to provide evidence of clear and concise written communication skills.
- Able to perform all accounting functions in a highly detailed and accurate manner.
- Proficient with Quickbooks and Excel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Post all authorized transactions into the accounting records, using approved documentation methods, and ensure the adequacy of backup documentation.
- Process bank and banking-related transactions according to approved practices and documentation requirements.
- Maintain supporting general ledger schedules and reconcile to approved schedule and methods.
- Share payroll and benefit management responsibilities with the Finance Director to include: Entry of new employee data into the payroll processing system, periodic updates to the payroll system, and management of employee benefits.
- Prepare and distribute customer billing and vendor/creditor payments.
- Assist the Finance Director with analysis, reports and other projects on an as-needed basis.
- Work closely with Program and Enterprise Directors to ensure that timely and accurate information is available to support management and decision making.
- Ensure and reinforce the appropriate flow and format of information according to the Accounting Policy and internal procedures.
- Interface with third parties (customers, vendors, creditors) regarding account- related questions, including collection of receivables, billing/invoices, balances, application of payments, etc.
- Maintain internal accounting-related forms and provide instructional support to staff as needed.
- Manage organizational leases.
- With the Finance Director, coordinate and support the annual financial statement audit.
Intervale Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com . This position has the opportunity to be 30-40 hours per week with compensation between $18-24 per hour. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for health, dental, 401(k), and wellness benefits. This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont and will remain open until filled.