Solar Electrician | Full Time
Category: Renewable Energy
Location: 442 Route 2
- SunCommon is seeking a Master or Journey Worker Electrician who takes pride in her/his work and wants to join a growing company dedicated to making a healthier environment and safer world. As the Solar Electrician, you will work as part of an installation crew, based in Waterbury, VT, and will be responsible for overseeing electrical work on solar installations.
Perks and Benefits:
In addition to a rewarding and meaningful career, you will earn a competitive salary and be provided an exceptional benefits package, including FULLY PAID medical and dental premiums for the employee AND their family; 3 weeks PTO for 1st year and 4 weeks for year 2+; 401k with company match; and much more!
What you’ll do as the Solar Electrician:
- Install photovoltaic (PV) systems
- Interconnect Inverter and other AC components
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation
- Test and commission equipment
- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls
- Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipmentActivate photovoltaic (PV) systems
- Communicate effectively with customers and staff regarding the status of each job
What’s required of the Solar Electrician:
- Must have a Vermont Electrical License (to operate as either a Master or Journey Worker Electrician)
- Experience inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Keeping up-to-date on electrical code and solar installation technology
- Ability to travel throughout Vermont to perform installations
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Commitment to SunCommon’s purpose and vision
SunCommon is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, ethnic minorities, Spanish speaking individuals, and persons with disabilities.
Please submit application here.