Lawson's Finest Liquids
Social Impact Program Manager | Full Time
Location: 167 Mad River Canoe Road, Waitsfield, VT, USA
Lawson’s Finest Liquids crafts and delivers the finest and freshest beer to delight our fans. We are a values-driven company with a focus on excellence, cultivating and supporting vibrant communities, and having fun. We are passionate about delivering world-class brews throughout our nine-state Northeast region.
The Social Impact Program (SIP) Manager is responsible for administering the daily functions of the company’s charitable giving program and mission-driven goals and objectives. This position reports to the Director of People and Purpose.
The ideal candidate:
- Aligns with the company’s Mission, Vision and Values and advances those beliefs within the SIP initiatives
- Is a self-starter with a keen eye for detail, organization and accuracy
- Thrives working independently and is an effective team collaborator
- Possesses knowledge of Vermont nonprofit organizations
- Handles multiple demands with a high degree of competency for problem solving and meeting deadlines
- Builds collaborative relationships within the company and in the greater Lawson’s Finest community through a friendly, outgoing personality
- Develops high trust relationships
- Carry out the goals and objectives of the Social Impact Program by administering all SIP initiatives in collaboration with various departments:
1. Good Brews for a Cause: identify collaboration opportunities that further company EID efforts; create application system; develop and screen applicants favoring those whose causes focus on conservation, sustainable recreation in Vermont, economic vitality, and social justice; communicate with successful and unsuccessful applicants; communicate with awardees; coordinate Taproom events that highlight Good Brews efforts
2. The Sunshine Fund: increase program outreach and awareness; develop and screen applications; communicate with successful and unsuccessful applicants; manage staff review committee; communicate with awardees; develop Taproom signage to display program giving; share recipient information with various departments
3. Sip of Support: increase program outreach and awareness; develop and screen applications favoring applicants who advance healthy communities, food and economic security, social services addressing essential needs, or natural resource protection and sustainable recreation in Vermont; communicate with successful and unsuccessful applicants; administer donations
4. Super Sessions: increase program outreach and awareness; develop and screen applications based on their commitment to innovation, community-building, fun and credibility; communicate with successful and unsuccessful applicants; communicate with awardees to ensure highest return on investment
5. Green is Grand: identify opportunities to increase innovation, invest in efficiency, and green-up our beer production process while minimizing our footprint and impact on the environment; gather and report on company sustainability efforts
6. Great Place to Work: in collaboration with HR, inventory current compensation, benefit, wellness, and work/life balance offerings; research best practices
- Manage annual philanthropy budget for Sip of Support, Super Sessions and Good Brews for a Cause and work closely with Finance on donation process
- Respond to, and execute, donation requests consistent with criteria and budget
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to identify, vet, execute and track sponsorship opportunities
- Maintain spreadsheets that track the status of all giving partnerships
- Develop calendar of events and activities including an annual Sunshine Fund summit
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports on activities of the SIP for the Leadership Team, Advisory Board, website, and other publications
- Collaborate with the Director of People and Purpose and the Chief Impact Officer to set the SIP budget, select Good Brews for a Cause recipients, review and select Sunshine Fund organizations and Super Sessions grantees
- Collaborate with Marketing on point-of-sale materials, storytelling, branding, consumer engagement, press releases, and engaging visual content for newsletters and website
- Collaborate with the Taproom on Sunshine Fund awareness and activities
- Collaborate with Sales to expand the SIP goals into all states where LFL is distributed
- Actively participate in the company’s Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Board and execute projects as needed
- Identify and execute creative ways to get employees involved in SIP initiatives and EID work
- Work across the company to maintain and document B-Corp certification
- Conduct research to learn best practices and promote professional development
- Develop and maintain favorable community relations with area business, residents, community groups, nonprofit organizations and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit management, public administration, business communications or related field
- Extensive understanding and use of Microsoft Office Suite
- High degree of effective and timely communication to staff and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within established guidelines
This is a full-time position and starting pay will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time-off, paid holidays, profit sharing, and company medical, dental, vision, and 401k plans among others.
Lawson’s Finest Liquids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to equity, inclusion and diversity. We believe that all forms of diversity make us better at everything that we do – fostering innovation and connecting us more closely to our customers and communities. Lawson’s Finest is especially interested in candidates that contribute to the diversity, inclusion and excellence of our organization.
Lawson’s Finest Liquids provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply online here!