Local Motion Inc.
Services Coordinator | Full Time
Location: 1 Steele Street, Burlington, VT, USA
About Local Motion
Local Motion, Vermont’s non-profit organization advocating for safer streets and active transportation, operates the Trailside Center bike rentals, the Island Line Bike Ferry, and Valet Bike Parking service from May to October. The net revenues generated from these services are turned back into the community in the form of education, outreach, and advocacy programs throughout Vermont.
We are seeking Services Coordinator who will be an integral part of the Local Motion team, coordinating and assisting with the operations of Local Motion’s Trailside Center, Bike Ferry, and Valet Bike Parking services. This position will report to the Director of Services and Marketing. The Coordinator will coordinate, and keep track of, seasonal staff and volunteer training and scheduling and maintain regular communications with the seasonal staff and volunteers. The Services Coordinator will be the assistant to the director with the aim of smooth, efficient, and effective operations during the season.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist director with daily oversight of Trailside Center, Bike Ferry operations, and Valet Bike Parking to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide on-site operational support for Trailside Center, Bike Ferry services and Valet Bike Parking (includes weekends during the summer) in accordance with Local Motion policies and operational procedures.
- Create staffing calendar in Google Calendar and schedule seasonal staff shifts to meet the requirements of a seven-day/week operation.
- Coordinate pre-season staff training and orientation, including tracking staff attendance.
- Maintain ongoing communication with seasonal staff, especially with off-site staff, acting as liaison to identify staff needs to supervisor and human resources.
- Work with the Volunteer Manager to coordinate the volunteers for the Bike Ferry and Valet Bike Parking, including recruitment, scheduling, training, and communication with volunteers.
- Coordinate staffing shift changes and substitutions, including acting as substitute as last resort.
- Assist with daily Trailside Center rental/retail cash-out reports/deposits as well as daily reconciliations of other services.
- Track usage statistics for Bike Ferry and Valet Bike Parking.
- Manage and procure materials/collateral, supplies such as ticket vouchers and first aid supplies.
- Coordinate distribution of Island Line maps, display posters and other marketing materials.
- Keep track of staff CPR certifications and enrollment in Maritime Consortium (Bike Ferry) and maintain compliance therein.
- Learn duties of each seasonal position in order to fill in as needed (with the exception of ferry captain). This includes acting as a deckhand aboard the ferry and therefore being enrolled in the Maritime Consortium that will require an initial drug screening and random drug testing during employment.
Full job description, qualifications and how to apply at www.localmotion.org/join_our_team
To apply, send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position begins mid-March.