High 5 Adventure Learning Center
Senior Trainer & Adventure Educator – Full-Time | Full Time
Location: 130 Austine Dr # 170, Brattleboro, VT 05301, USA
HIGH 5 is GROWING!
Senior Trainer & Adventure Educator
High 5 Adventure Learning Center is recognized worldwide for its brand of experiential education and adventure learning. Some of the world’s most respected schools, colleges, sports teams, institutions, and businesses turn to us to discover their team’s potential. Formed as an educational non-profit organization, High 5 helps individuals, schools, and communities use experiential education as a catalyst for positive change.
High 5 is committed to inclusivity. We recognize that growing our team to include people from all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives makes our work more effective as we strive to strengthen the communities in which we work. We encourage any and all applicants with the above qualifications to apply.
Are you excited to develop quality experiential education programs and trainings that will change people’s lives? High 5 is seeking a passionate, dedicated, and experienced individual who can connect and empower participants in a trusting and supportive learning environment. This is a full-time professional position in our Training and Team Development (T&TD) department supporting our camp, school, direct service, therapeutic, outdoor program, and business clients throughout the Northeast US.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and deliver High 5 experiential-based programs, workshops, conference presentations & professional trainings at a variety of client settings and at our site in Brattleboro, VT.
- Mentor, train, and coach other T&TD trainers and staff.
- Thoughtfully nurture leadership qualities and skills in others.
- Cultivate and maintain long-term client relationships through ongoing customer outreach, program development, and customer support.
- Assist in various office tasks, administrative paperwork, and record keeping.
- Represent High 5 at industry conferences and events.
- Present workshops at conferences focused on experiential education, team development, and challenge course operations.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:
- Significant experience working with youth and adults.
- Willingness to bring energy and adaptability to High 5 and its mission, style, and team culture.
- Preferred qualifications to be Level 2/CM trained & certified and Level 2/CM Trainer/Tester in accordance with QCP (Qualified Course Professional) standards of the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant professional experience.
- 5-10 years experience working in the challenge course field, preferably working for an ACCT-accredited PVM.
- Strong organizational skills, systems thinking, and risk management awareness.
- Familiarity with Google Suite.
- Willingness to live within a commutable distance of High 5. Ability to travel weekly to customer locations.
Salary and Benefits: Salary Range: $46,000 – $60,000 depending on experience, skills, and education. In addition, we offer a generous benefits package that reflects the value we place on the well-being of our employees and their families. 30 days C.T.O. plus 19 days paid holidays.
Deadline: August 30, 2023 12:00 am
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and challenge course portfolio to email@example.com with “Full-Time Senior Trainer & Adventure Educator” as the subject line. No phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed immediately. The deadline is August 30, 2023.