Chroma Technology Corp
Senior Software Engineer | Full Time
Location: 10 Imtec Lane
Senior Software Engineer
Bellow Falls, Vermont
Chroma Technology Corp., a world leader in the advanced manufacturing of thin-film optical coatings, has exciting openings for two Senior Software Engineers!
JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a small team responsible for the design, creation, acquisition, integration and continuous improvement of software systems throughout Chroma. You will be part of the succession plan for our Senior Systems Architect, one of Chroma’s founders. Chroma values strong relationships, so we are seeking someone available and excited for a long career with us. You will work closely with the Senior Systems Architect to address Chroma’s software systems needs at the enterprise level. You’ll be getting in at the ground floor of a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation, including a centralized integration platform and the creation, customization, and integration of numerous systems including Chroma’s own custom resource planning software.
We’ll expect you to provide leadership in driving improvement efforts, developing and implementing projects to improve software that drives our business, so you should be an exceptional project manager with outstanding communication skills.
We want to see you thrive in a collaborative environment, enjoy learning from your colleagues and training, and mentor other engineers in their technical and professional development.
We are looking for applicants who use a blend of creativity and an analytical approach to solve unique technical challenges. If you’re a programming polyglot who enjoys learning and using a variety of languages and tools to build and maintain rich and complex environments, then this position could be right for you.
We are seeking applicants with the following essential qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other relevant field; or the ability to prove equivalent work experience
- 10+ years programming in various environments
- 5+ years programming in Microsoft Windows environments
- 5+ years with SQL database programming
- Experience with team development of software using a code repository system such as SVN or GIT
Having experience with any of the following is an advantage, and it’s really fun stuff to learn:
- Optical thin-film filters are used to see the smallest structures seen by microscopes, and the biggest structures you can see by telescope. Chances are good that if you took a PCR test over the last few years, you’ve benefited from a Chroma filter. It’s a fascinating industry, and our in-house software team covers portions of all our business processes, optical design, spectroscopy, thin-film coating and processing automation.
- Employee ownership and employee governance. Chroma has a unique ownership structure that welcomes and rewards employee participation.
- Developing for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems or complex shop floor management, including Acumatica ERP
Competencies for success include:
- Recognized by peers for making good decisions using a combination of analysis, experience, wisdom and judgment
- Can look beyond the surface to see hidden issues, and use rigorous logic and processes to effectively solve difficult problems
- Is an attentive,active, and patient listener; can accurately restate differences of opinion
- Intellectually sharp, capable and agile. Comfortable with complex concepts
- Works easily with others to solves problems based on common ground; easily earns the trust and support of peers by being candid and collaborative
- Creates focus and spends time and the time of others on what’s important
- Seizes opportunities and is energized by challenges
- Keeps confidences, admits mistakes, direct and truthful
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to comply with Chroma’s COVID vaccination, testing, and face covering requirements. The requirements include proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose prior to the start of employment and verification of the second dose within 30 days of the start of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to applicable vaccination requirements and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Applicants in need of an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or disability should contact email@example.com.
Please apply on our website.