Senior Revenue Accountant | Full Time
Reporting to the Manager of Revenue, the Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for assisting the revenue team in key functions and activities that ensure invoicing policies and procedures are in compliance with US GAAP, federal contract standards and OMB guidelines. The Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for invoicing for assigned revenue streams. This position also provides analytical support to organizational leadership and delivers exceptional customer service to internal and external clients.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Revenue invoicing and reporting:
- Produces and submits invoices for program delivery work with assigned VEIC divisions
- Invoices federal clients in accordance with applicable templates and reporting requirements
- Responds to client inquires and requests for additional information
- Researches and resolves all client billing and cash receipts issues
- Updates Manager of Revenue on revenue collection issues or problems
- Actively participates in monthly fiscal close process and maintenance of VEIC billing documentation
- Ensures the revenue invoice/billing practices to the clients are in support of stated contractual terms and in support of GAAP, OMB guidance and company policy
- Ensures the proper and consistent matching of revenue to expense
- Ensures the DOE-approved indirect and fringe rates are properly applied to individual contracts
- Direct Service Division Program Support
- Responsible for assisting the divisions in interpreting federal contracts/grants and understanding any compliance issues.
- Assists with the support of VEIC’s contract management system with executed contract billing terms, rates and project information to best support Division reporting needs
- On a continual basis, reviews job files, including job budgets, and coordinates with job managers to resolve any issues
- Advises Manager of Revenue of any concerns for follow-up.
- Serves as primary contact and steward for access and resources for all external federal systems, databases and websites utilized by VEIC such as SAM.gov and Grants.gov, in order to ensure:
- organizational information is updated and accurate
- Federal required forms and documentation are appropriately submitted and
- Forms and information needed can be easily obtained to complete proposals and comply with ongoing grant reporting requirements.
- Corporate Support
- Assists Manager of Revenue with other accounting related tasks, such as researching and analyzing historical data and reporting results as required.
- Works with VEIC managers and clients on administrative or accounting special requests and initiatives.
- Coordinates activities with other staff and divisions within VEIC, as is necessary, to accomplish Finance Department goals and objectives.
- Provides support to the activities of VEIC, as necessary, to accomplish organizational goals and objectives. On an as needed basis, assists with other tasks and functions within VEIC’s Finance department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Five or more years of detailed accounting, revenue recognition, Grant/Federal accounting and reporting experience.
- Prior experience working in accounting, contracts, OMB guidelines and GAAP pronouncements. Project/job accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with a mid-range accounting, ERP software package experience required. Deltek experience preferred.
- Strong desktop computing skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel a must.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Deadline: October 25, 2021 12:00 am
Check out the full listing and apply here.