Population Media Center
Senior Research Analyst (Remote) | Full Time
See full job description here: https://www.populationmedia.org/about-us/jobs/
The Senior Research Analyst oversees all aspects of PMC’s research, applying state of the art measurement to all PMC programs. Focusing on PMC’s international programs The Senior Research Analyst will design, manage, and share results of monitoring and research efforts to gauge impact of radio serial dramas, radio talk shows, and other media programs. PMC creates detailed measurement protocols for all programs, and the Senior Research Analyst will help align drama content with key program indicators and PMC’s Theory of Change, select appropriate evaluation methods, analyze data (particularly using multiple logistic regression), and report findings based on the needs of PMC staff, our partners, funders, and donors.
PMC’s Technical Research Unit relies on mobile data collection and is currently developing data pipelines to receive, clean, and analyze data for use in visualization/business intelligence software. The Senior Research Analyst will support these efforts and therefore must be familiar with or willing to learn current data science approaches including: 1) web-based data collection and management applications, 2) statistical programming, and 3) communication using data visualization software. The Senior Research Analyst plays a major role in the publication of research articles in peer-reviewed journals and presenting research results at meetings and conferences in alignment with industry specific transparency, reproducibility, and ethical standards.
Who You Are:
• You are comfortable working with a variety of cultures and stakeholders in developing country settings on PMC’s target issues of population, women and girl’s empowerment, and environment
• You write reports, business correspondence, and research protocols using clear, precise language and accurate interpretations of data
• You can present information to varied audiences in an accessible and non-technical way
• You can independently clean, wrangle, and analyze small cross-sectional datasets and produce descriptive and inferential statistics based on a research protocol or analysis plan.
• You are proactive and self-directed, with demonstrated ability to form productive relationships across the PMC organization.
• You are highly organized, disciplined in organizing your work assignments, and able to multi-task in response to evolving work requirements.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications and interviewing to begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.