Encore Renewable Energy
Senior Project Engineer | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Title: Senior Project Engineer
Location: Burlington, VT preferred (location negotiable)
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on the development of sustainable, cost-effective and high return community-scale solar PV systems, large scale energy storage applications and 21st century solutions for the redevelopment of underutilized property. Since the Company’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as the leader in the Vermont solar market having been involved in the development and construction of nearly 100 community-scale solar projects. The Company is in the process of transitioning from a develop and EPC business model into that of a vertically integrated power producer. At the same time, Encore is building from its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive markets across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, as well as select markets in the Western portion of the U.S., and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet strategic objectives.
Sr. Project Engineer Position
Encore Renewable Energy is currently seeking a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience and aptitude to serve as a Sr. Project Engineer. The successful candidate will work with our Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Team in support of the screening, development, design and implementation of successful projects.
The Sr. Project Engineer will be responsible for supporting the engineering team in all the Company’s various engineering related activities associated with the design of community scale solar and energy storage projects. This is a high-skill level position, requiring an experienced and talented professional who can fit in well with the Encore culture of productivity, growth, and performance. The Sr. Project Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering.
Encore is a dynamic, high-growth, team-oriented, entrepreneurial company. We want colleagues who are committed to a triple bottom line of people, planet, profit, and who are willing to take on responsibilities outside of their comfort zone.
- Engineering design and specifications for larger scale commercial solar and energy storage projects;
- Civil, Racking, Geotechnical and Electrical design reviews of project conceptual to construction plan sets.
- Review of utility interconnection docs: System Impact Studies, IX estimates, Facilities Studies, Generator Interconnection Agreements, Transmission and Fast Track studies.
- Perform desktop reviews of sites and field evaluation as necessary;
- Oversee conceptual layouts using Helioscope;
- Create advanced 3D layouts using AutoCAD/PVcase;
- Run detailed production models with complex shading scenes, topography and optimized layouts using PVSyst;
- Support the management of external civil engineering and electrical engineering firms to support the design of ground-mount solar PV and utility scale storage projects;
- Assist procurement and provide input on the selection of optimal equipment and product specifications for each system design, including inverters, transformers, switchgear, racking, modules and BOS components;
- Identify key risk factors and determine interconnection feasibility and internal IX estimates to support site acquisition and new market feasibility;
- Generate and submit utility interconnection applications;
- Prepare electrical single line diagrams and manage interconnection approval process with utilities;
- Ability to size electrical components, wire calculations, conduit sizing, transformer, switchgear and SCADA specifications.
- Evaluate solar and battery storage technologies, assist with soliciting bids with vendors to inform procurement decisions;
- Evaluate EPC RFP Bids;
- Provide remote support and review of construction and commissioning procedures;
- Provide input and responses to contractor “Request for Information” during construction phase of a project;
- Assist Asset Management Team to help troubleshoot and monitor operational assets and help determine corrective action as necessary;
- Research and keep Company current with new technologies and regulatory conditions including building codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, etc.;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of technical/design and CAD experience in the solar PV field. Battery storage experience preferred;
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical field; PE preferred but not required.
- Electrical focus preferred but other disciplines (i.e. civil, mechanical, etc) considered;
- NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional preferred;
- Experience working with electric utilities through interconnection approvals preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient in PVsyst, Helioscope, AutoCad, MS Excel, and GIS;
- Diligent, detailed oriented, and dynamic. Able to self-organize priorities, set and work to deadlines, often with limited direct oversight;
- A high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that of which we are most proud. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy economy of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended parental leave
- Work-life balance with flexible work schedules (remote work opportunities) and attractive paid-time off policy
- 14 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays of employee’s choice)
- One paid volunteer day each fiscal quarter
- 401k profit sharing
- Employee equity participation program
- Continuing education and tuition assistance
Encore believes that an equitable and inclusive work environment, and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We are not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We are looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Encore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Encore complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Encore has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org