Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Senior Medical Director | Full Time
Location: 445 Industrial Lane, Berlin, VT, USA
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Senior Medical Director to help lead the organization’s clinical program strategy. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym (post-COVID), fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
Senior Medical Director Responsibilities:
- Supervise operations, strategy, and management of the Utilization Management department.
- Oversee the Member Safety Committee, monitoring provider qualifications and investigating quality of care concerns and trends.
- Provide clinical and medical expertise for Blue Cross quality improvement activities.
- Collaborate with public and private agencies on healthcare initiatives, and assist in management of vendor relationships with Blue Cross.
- Provide medical expertise and clinical support as needed for all internal teams.
Senior Medical Director Qualifications:
- Based on leadership and infrastructure requirements of Vermont State Law, URAC, and NCQA, possession of an unrestricted Vermont medical license is required.
- American Specialty Board certification required.
- 5 – 7 years clinical practice experience combined with 3 – 5 years of clinical management experience is required.
- Prior medical administrative background is highly desirable.
- Advanced management degree or equivalent preferred.
Senior Medical Director Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Check us out at www.bcbsvt.com/careers to apply.