Chroma Technology Corp
Senior Industrial Software Engineer | Full Time
Location: 10 Imtec Lane
Senior Industrial Software Engineer
Bellow Falls, Vermont – Hybrid Position
Chroma Technology Corp., a world leader in the advanced manufacturing of thin-film optical coatings, has an exciting opening for a Senior Industrial Software Engineer!
JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Senior Industrial Software Engineer will be part of a small team responsible for the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of software that power Chroma’s advanced manufacturing, including optical thin film design, optical simulation, manufacturing control and automation, data collection and analysis. We are looking for applicants who use a blend of creativity and sound judgement to solve unique technical challenges.
You’ll share ownership of a large collection of in-house applications and systems that are continually evolving to keep Chroma’s manufacturing capabilities ahead of our competition’s, and you’ll be expected to make a big impact on their future direction. Chroma values strong relationships, so we are seeking someone available and excited for a long career with us.
We’ll expect you to provide leadership in developing and implementing projects to improve software that drives our business, so you should be an exceptional project manager with outstanding communication skills. We want to see you thrive in a collaborative environment, enjoy learning from your colleagues and training, and mentor other engineers in their technical and professional development.
We are seeking applicants with the following essential qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar, or the ability to prove equivalent work experience
- 10+ years programming in various environments
- 5+ years programming in Microsoft Windows environments
- 5+ years programming for hardware automation
- Experience with team development of software using a code repository system such as SVN or GIT
Having experience with any of the following is an advantage, and it’s really fun stuff to learn:
- Experience with SQL databases
- Optical thin-film filters. These filters are used to see the smallest structures seen by microscopes, and the biggest structures you can see by telescope. Chances are good that if you took a PCR test over the last few years, you’ve benefited from a Chroma filter. It’s a fascinating industry, and our in-house software team covers portions of all our business processes, optical design, spectroscopy, thin-film coating and processing automation.
- Employee ownership and employee governance. Chroma has a unique ownership structure that welcomes and rewards employee participation.
Competencies for success include:
- Recognized by peers for making good decisions using a combination of analysis, experience, wisdom and judgment
- Can look beyond the surface to see hidden issues, and use rigorous logic and processes to effectively solve difficult problems
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Is an attentive, active, and patient listener; can accurately restate differences of opinion
- Intellectually sharp, capable and agile. Comfortable with complex concepts
- Works easily with others to solves problems based on common ground; easily earns the trust and support of peers by being candid and collaborative
Please visit our career page at www.chroma.com to review the full job description, summary of benefits, and to apply online.
Chroma Technology Corp is an employee-owned company and equal opportunity employer.
Please apply on our website