Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Senior Cybersecurity Specialist | Full Time
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Specialist to join our Information Security team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including first booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy.
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross has transitioned to a hybrid workplace where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office work Wednesdays in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week. This role can also be performed remotely full-time.
Senior Cybersecurity Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ensure the company’s confidential information, assets, and intellectual property are safeguarded by complying with state and federal regulations, such as HIPAA, as well as corporate defined Information Security policies and standards.
- Lead the Managed Security Operation Center relationship and perform threat intel research and hunting at Blue Cross.
- Provide escalation support, such as defining and implementing policy changes to security control rulesets, troubleshooting security systems, and other related Engineering tasks.
- Serve as the designated incident response lead for the Blue Cross’s security team and assist in further developing the company’s information security user awareness program.
Senior Cybersecurity Specialist Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent information technology related field is required. Master of Science Preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in information assurance and security. Experience in the computer forensics field is preferred.
- Certified completion of a nationally recognized information systems security certification such as CISSP, CCSP, CRISC, certification(s) is required.
- Strong knowledge of the following areas desired: Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) technologies, eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Web content filtering, Two-Factor Authentication, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) / Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) systems, vulnerability management, firewall technologies, anti-virus and anti-malware technologies, computer forensics, threat intelligence, system access reviews, and log analysis.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux based operating systems in a highly virtualized environment is preferred.
Senior Cybersecurity Specialist Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*For a full job description, please visit our website and full job posting.
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!