Senior Customer Support Specialist | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
Location: Winooski, VT, USA
Responsible for the management of Customer Support workflow processes and optimizes day-to-day activities in a collaborative, professional environment. Participates in planning and operational analysis for the organization’s customer support function.
- Provides front line support for Customer Support Specialists with timely and accurate messaging for all VEIC brands.
- Assists in the development and implementation of customer support standards, policies, and procedures.
- Assists with customer response via phone and email during peak times.
- Interfaces with internal teams to identify and facilitate process improvements.
- Communicates and presents information clearly, persuasively and effectively.
- Serves as a mentor with cross-functional projects and assists with training of CS team members.
- Enters relevant data, retrieves information and generates reports from the company’s technical and customer databases to provide meaningful insights.
- Maintains master resource list on the customer support wiki.
- Assists with Customer Communications process handling follow-up, resolution and reporting.
- Responsible for creating structure and managing processes relative to Customer Support initiatives and program management under the direction of the Customer Support Manager.
- Provides analysis and makes recommendations regarding process improvement.
- Provides and models exemplary, high value customer service, internally and externally.
- Contributes regularly to a mission-driven, creative, enjoyable and stimulating work environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Sound understanding of and ability to communicate on matters related to energy, energy efficiency, electricity, heating and process fuels, transportation and renewables.
- Bachelors’ degree and 4-6 years of customer service and one year of relevant technical experience, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired.
- High degree of interest & enjoyment interacting with people and supporting their information needs and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent active listening skills, written communication skills and ability to maintain positive demeanor required.
- Ability to interact in a positive and effective manner with a diverse group of customers and with staff throughout the organization preferred.
- Experience in data entry, retrieval of information from databases, reporting and proficiency with spreadsheets and word-processing.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently and independently and proven ability to be organized, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills, ability to take personal initiative and use sound judgment when the unexpected arises.
- Completes short-term goals while remaining focused on long-term objectives.
- Ability to learn, understand and implement new procedures and messaging quickly.
- Ability to perform work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve challenging problems while working under deadlines and adjust to unexpected changing priorities easily without diminishing customer value.
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate-controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
External – No travel is required.
Company will provide adaptive devices as needed.
Diversity & Inclusion statement:
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply please visit our careers page at https://www.veic.org/careers