Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Senior Actuarial Analyst | Full Time
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our Actuarial Services team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym (post-COVID), fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
NOTE: This role can be full-time remote, or hybrid out of our Berlin, VT office (post-COVID).
NOTE: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination by January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy.
Senior Actuarial Analyst Responsibilities:
- Supports the pricing, program design, and operations of value-based programs, which includes Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), primary care model, and other innovative alternative payment models.
- Supports data reporting and analyses focused on risk adjustment initiatives.
- Develops reporting dashboards and key metrics to ensure appropriate oversight and visibility on various programs.
- Works with healthcare dataset within our Enterprise Data Warehouse to identify emerging drivers of health care trends, cost, and profitability.
- Performs and presents financial results on return on investment on various initiatives.
- Identifies, leads, participates in and/or implements process improvement initiatives.
- Represents the Actuarial Department on special projects involving other areas of the company.
- Initiates, plans, and manages actuarial projects relating to complex issues and trends, coordinating with various disciplines and staff.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Provides effective technical advice and support to assist management in meeting corporate goals and making strategic decisions. Involves other departmental areas as needed.
- Identifies emerging issues that impact corporate goals and assists in their resolution. Involves other departmental areas as needed. Recommends strategic decisions.
Senior Actuarial Analyst Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Health Information Management, closely related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in actuarial science or data analysis and reporting in a healthcare setting
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SAS (or SQL)
- Prior knowledge of dashboard development and data visualization preferred
- Prior knowledge of risk adjustment and/or value-based care analytics preferred
Senior Actuarial Analyst Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Check us out at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply.