Senior Accountant – Part Time | Part Time
Location: 255 South Champlain Street, Suite 8
About Mercy Connections: Mercy Connections is a community-based social service organization empowering people to make significant life changes through education, mentoring, entrepreneurship and community.
Accountability: Reports to Finance & Operations Director
Position Overview: This part time position works closely with the Finance & Operations Director to ensure accuracy, integrity and timeliness of all financial transactions.
- Maintains accounts payable, receivables, payroll processing and general ledger activities in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Compile and analyze financial information including investment activities
- Prepares monthly financial statements on a timely basis ensuring proper adjusting entries are recorded
- Works closely with the Administrative Coordinator to ensure accurate, timely and complete recording of cash receipts
- Prepares and monitors invoices for grants, contracts & WSBP students
- Assists in preparing fiscal reports for grants/foundations/funding sources
- Maintains financial activities for WSBP
- Maintains financial activities for fiscal sponsorships
- Monitors petty cash
- Prepares and reviews all reimbursements
- Provides financial analysis as needed
- All employees are expected to perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time, to meet the needs of the organization.
- Represents the organization in a manner that models mission, mercy and inspires public confidence
FTE: 16 hours per week
- Associate’s degree in accounting or two years of previous experience with nonprofit accounting
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency at planning, organizing and prioritizing
- Ability to work collectively both internally and externally to the Organization
- Sensitivity, confidentiality and respect for staff, clientele and mission
- Ability to support teamwork
To apply, send resume to Alana Shaw at email@example.com.
This position is open until filled.