King Arthur Baking Company
Seasonal Fulfillment and Restock Generalist | Seasonal
Location: 58 Billings Farm Rd, White River Junction, Hartford, VT, USA
Meet Us: King Arthur Baking Company is an award-winning, audience-leading baking company with a strategic vision to be the resource for baking education and inspiration. Through traditional and new media, in-person and virtual education, we strive to be a leader in helping novice and expert bakers alike. We’re not going anywhere – we’ve been part of the family since 1790. We work to build stronger communities and increase access and the connection to real foods. We take pride in our responsible sourcing and our “never bleached” guarantee. And we work closely with farmers, millers, and suppliers in a continued commitment toward sustainability. Our wheat flour is grown and milled right here in the United States. Flour this good uses only the purest ingredients, free from GMOs. As a founding B Corporation, we are committed to using the power of business as a force for social and environmental good. We believe every employee’s contributions make our company what it is: vibrant, successful, and committed to spreading the joy of baking. We are a welcoming and inclusive 100% employee-owned company.
The Position: The Seasonal Fulfillment & Restock Generalist effectively performs specific tasks and functions related to order picking, packing, shipping, retail restock and kit assembly functions in the fulfillment warehouse. The individual in this role is expected to follow all safety, ergonomic and operation procedures and is accountable for remaining focused and consistently achieving task accuracy, quality and efficiency expectations. The effective Fulfillment and Restock Generalist remains flexible regarding changing priorities and rotation of task assignments, and consistently displays a positive, flexible, and teamwork-focused attitude, adhering to company core competencies.
The Benefits: As a seasonal team member, you will receive generous discounts in our retail store and a great rate of pay with a generous shift differential for evening hours. Seasonal employees who complete their full seasonal commitment are also subject to receive a 5% retention bonus!
Length: This seasonal position is expected to be from late August through December. Position length is subject to change based upon business needs.
Hours: It is strongly preferred for candidates for this role to be available to work at least 20 hours per week, and required availability to work a variety of shifts to include at least one weekend shift and one evening shift each week. Candidates with availability to work full 8 – 10 hour shifts are preferred but not required.
Pay: The standard starting pay rate for this role is $15.50 per hour. We also offer a $1.00 per hour shift differential if the majority of your hours are working during evening and/or weekends which would make the total hourly pay rate for these employees $16.50 per hour.
Employees that have to be physically on-site to work for 30 or more hours will receive an additional $100 per week as “Report In” pay. The “Report In” pay is prorated if an employee works less than 30 hours. King Arthur Baking reserves the right to change or terminate the report in pay at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Safety & Quality
- Consistently adheres to all work safety, and ergonomic processes and procedures. Reports any observed non-conformances to a team lead or supervisor.
- Remains constantly on the lookout for product quality, freshness, and accuracy concerns. Reports any concerns and takes appropriate action to ensure only quality products ship to customers.
Efficiency & Pace
- Achieves and consistently maintains the individual picking, packing, shipping, and kitting average per hour efficiency benchmarks and improvement targets.
- Strives to support the overall team performance of timely fulfillment, restock, and kitting thru supportive, flexible, collaborative, and focused contribution.
- Supports department initiatives by performing other related tasks as requested.
- Picks and verifies items from primary locations in accordance with picking and ergonomic guidelines.
- Works efficiently to keep up with the lead picker, helping with upstream/downstream zones as needed.
- Implements pick area clean up as necessary & accurately perform scheduled cycle counts as requested.
- Rotates into packing in accordance with team protocol or as directed by leadership.
- Verifies pick bins for product accuracy and quality. Retrieves all missing/incorrect items as required.
- Properly packages all items in accordance with packing procedures and ergonomic guidelines.
- Restocks, cleans, and organizes your workstation and surrounding packing area as required.
- Rotates into shipping in accordance with team protocol or as directed by leadership.
- Scans tickets, inputs shipping information when required, and applies label appropriately to each package.
- Sorts packages to correct outbound staging area or trailer. Stacks packages in an organized manner.
- Supports the preparation of buckets and carts, rotates through pick zones in accordance with team protocol or as directed by leadership.
- Picks, verifies and organizes for delivery the retail restock product in accordance with restock and ergonomic guideline.
- Preps and labels product as required for retail merchandising.
- Clearly documents all quantity variances for research and correction
Kitting & B2B Order Preparation
- Assembles kits, pre-wrap and labels items in accordance with processes and procedures.
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.
Minimum job requirements
- Strong basic math & reading skills
- 1 year warehouse or related experience
- Must be 17 years or older.
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement.
- Think and act strategically, understand how role contributes to larger outcome.
- Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Set high standards for oneself, meet deadlines.
- Learn from mistakes, receptive to feedback.
- Effective communicator, listen and respect others’ points of view.
- Participate in team problem solving and decision making.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Community minded – get involved, volunteer.
Physical requirements/work environment
- Physical requirements
- Ability to lift and move items and packages of 20 pounds frequently and 30 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to stand and walk for your entire shift (less breaks) and regularly bend, reach, and lift.
- Ability to pass a company required and scheduled POPE (Post offer pre-employment physical)
- Work environment
- Ability to remain professional, focused, and calm in an occasionally noisy and fast paced environment.
- Time is spent on the Fulfillment floor with conveyor equipment in use and adjacent to areas of fork lift operation.
- Understands that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization.
- Is responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately.
- Engages in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation
- Adheres to company-wide green norms, looks for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Educates oneself on KAB environmental campaigns.
- Strives to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact.
- Must conform with approved Avalon Distribution Center Food Safety GDP’s at all times
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
There’s room at our table for you! Apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law. King Arthur Flour provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to participate in both the application process and during employment. Such individuals are encouraged to seek accommodations to allow them to apply for a position, participate in the application process, and meet the essential functions and requirements of the position.
Deadline: October 12, 2021 12:00 am
Please apply at our careers page: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=9ac5f7c0-93c0-483f-a804-393e24eeea24&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=418426&lang=en_US&source=CC4