Green Mountain Transit
Scheduling and Dispatch Supervisor | Full Time
Location: 375 Lake Road suite 3b, St Albans, VT 05478, USA
Description and Essential Functions:
Performs operational coordination of transit vehicles and drivers for fixed and deviated routes, and demand response transportation in and from Franklin County. Provides both internal and external customer service functions. Serves as liaison between drivers and management, ensuring that drivers have the necessary information to successfully perform their job:
- Schedules and assigns drivers and buses
- Schedules trips for passengers
- Provides customer service to drivers and the public
- Maintains records, logs, and schedules
- Prepares detailed reports including manifests and daily Dispatch Sheets
- Understands and assigns work in compliance with the Drivers’ Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Communicates information via telephone, radio communication, and technology
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education and/or Experience: Thorough knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of the transit bus routes and the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Procedure Manual issued by the State of Vermont’s Department of Health Access. A high school diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of three (3) years as a transit driver or experience in a transit-related field is required. Must be proficient in or have the ability to become proficient in RouteMatch Scheduling software, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Mail. Must be proficient in or have the ability to become proficient in RouteMatch Scheduling software, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google products.
- Essential Job Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Essential duties are performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse population; work effectively in an environment with multiple competing priorities; and exercise good judgment as situations arise are required. A Commercial Drivers’ License Class B with Passenger endorsements is required.
- Wage: Starting hourly wage is $26.65 per hour.
- Time: 8.67 hours of paid time off accrued per pay period; equivalent to 5+ weeks off.
- Health: 92.5% paid health care coverage by GMT including medical, dental, vision, and prescription. 100% paid premiums for Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability by GMT.
- Savings: GMT offers 457 Retirement Plans. After one year, employees who contribute of 3% will be matched by GMT at 5% and employees who contribute 5% will be matched by GMT at 7%.
- Wellness: Discounted membership to The Edge Sports & Fitness Centers.
- Dog Friendly: Administrative staff are welcome to bring their dogs to work.
- Education: Tuition reimbursement opportunities for courses or degree-related programs for administrative staff.
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position; it is intended merely to be a guide to the general work to be performed.
GMT is committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. GMT believes that an inclusive and diverse workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill the agency’s mission.
GMT is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, crime victim status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status, or genetic information in employment or the provision of services. In addition to federal law requirements, GMT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply use this link: https://greenmountaintransit.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2qltl6of4yx