Salvation Farms Executive Director | Full Time
Location: Morrisville, Morristown, VT, USA
Bring your passion for agriculture and locally grown food, sustainability, and leadership to the role of Executive Director at Salvation Farms. Building upon two decades of extraordinary growth and evolution, the new ED will collaborate with and inspire Salvation Farms’ dedicated team and expand and deepen the organization’s influential and unique role in Vermont’s food system.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to building resilience in Vermont’s food system, serve as a prominent voice within the Vermont farm and food sector, and be part of a respectful, intentional workplace culture where employees feel empowered and supported to thrive and succeed.
Advancing Salvation Farms’ mission, vision, and program strategy, you will:
- Guide the organization’s direction and growth
- Engage with external partners
- Strengthen the financial health and operations of the organization
- Develop relationships across private, public, and non-profit sectors
- Shepherd SF through an exciting programmatic expansion and organizational anchoring phase at our new operating location in Lamoille County
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Starting salary: $75,000 – $85,000
- Paid Time Off: 80 hours’ PTO increasing to 120 hours in 2nd year, 12 holidays, and 60 hours’ sick time
- Insurance: Health, 75% employer-paid; Vision and Dental, 100% employer-paid
- Health Savings Account
- Wellness benefits
- Matching SIMPLE retirement plan with up to 3% employer contribution available in 2nd year of employment
- Home office and personal cell phone expense reimbursement in support of flexible, remote work
- Training and professional development opportunities
IDEAL CAPABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- The next ED will be poised to shepherd the organization into a new era while honoring its history and mission fundamentals. The ideal candidate will embody the following:
- Visionary & strategic
- Fundraiser, including grant writing and major gifts
- Compelling communicator
- Systems thinker/changemaker
- Culturally responsive and committed to embodying diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice values
- Participatory leader with a high degree of emotional intelligence
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BRING
- Five+ years’ senior leadership experience in an organizational, program, or departmental-level role with responsibility for financial oversight and strategic planning in an organization with a relevant mission, at least five employees, and an operating budget of at least $650,000.
- Personal or professional knowledge and/or experience with working landscapes and food systems.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of nonprofit organizations.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment
- Experience guiding an organization through challenges, growth and change.
Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis for interviews in January and February 2024, with an April start date coinciding with the departure of the current executive director (ED) and founder Theresa Snow.
Prospective candidates with questions may contact Beth at bethgilpin.com.
Salvation Farms is an equal opportunity, at-will employer with a commitment to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We value both professional and personal expertise in prospective job candidates as well as a passion for the mission. We honor and encourage people of all backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.