Mocha Joe's Roasting Company
Sales and Marketing Manager | Full Time
Location: Brattleboro, VT, USA
Mocha Joe’s Roasting Company is an iconic, socially responsible, Vermont business operating for over 25 years in downtown Brattleboro. We are seeking an experienced, strategically-minded Sales and Marketing Manager to take our business to the next level. This position will report directly to the owner, and could be an exciting opportunity for someone to lead the growth of an iconic Vermont business at a crucial time in its development.
Duties include, but are DEFINITELY not limited to:
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: You will work closely with our roasting team, service technician, and office manager to ensure that excellent customer service is provided to our customers. You will work directly with existing clients to identify needs, solve problems, and increase productive engagement in the pursuit of driving their sales.
- MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS: You will work closely with leadership to develop marketing and communications strategy. You will become the resident expert in the Mocha Joe’s brand, and will be able to generate excitement and engagement amongst our clients and community. You will manage our social media accounts, website content, and marketing materials, and will manage digital campaigns, events, communications and public relations.
- SALES: You will work to define and meet B2B sales goals and strategies, and execute an effective sales plan which will include a diverse base of clients including cafes, retailers, food service, and ingredient accounts. You will identify niches, markets, and potential customers, and be constantly searching out opportunity. You will also work with our office and production team to define pricing strategy, and make sure that we are maintaining product-level strategy and profitability.
This is not your average marketing job, and Mocha Joe’s is not your average company. In addition to operating a downtown cafe and bustling wholesale coffee roasting business, we are also green coffee importers, equipment distributors, antique coffee roaster refurbishers, real estate developers, and cafe consultants. We support all of these activities with a staff of 7, and are constantly looking for new opportunities.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a sales, marketing, account management, or business development role. A bachelor’s degree is a plus, but you need not have read Proust to be successful in this job.
- Experience with Quickbooks and proficiency with Excel.
- 1+ years of social media management and the ability to produce engaging, brand-appropriate content.
- Proven ability to manage projects and effectively lead teams in pursuit of client satisfaction and overarching company goals.
- Experience with growth and change within a small organization, and the ability to work collaboratively.
- The ability to handle ambiguity while remaining focused and goal-oriented.
- A profound love of coffee – drinking coffee is an absolute requirement of this job.
Foreign language skills (French or Spanish), barista skills, previous coffee and/or food and beverage industry experience would strengthen an application.
In addition to a competitive salary and commission structure, we offer:
- Free coffee. Like, a lot of free coffee.
- Retirement account with employer match.
- Generous and flexible PTO.
- Down payment assistance for employees who purchase a home.
- Dental Insurance.
- Opportunities to travel, both internationally and within the US.
- A congenial work environment that supports personal and professional growth, and understands that we work to live – not live to work.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No calls, or visits, please!