Safety Manager | Full Time
Category: Renewable Energy
Location: 442 Route 2
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Safety Manager will be a vital component of the SunCommon Operations Team. The main goal of the Safety Manager will be to help maintain a high level of trust amongst all employees, with an emphasis on Solar Installers. To maintain and foster trust between the safety team and installers, the Safety Manager will be responsible for conducting jobsite reviews. Our Safety Manager understands the importance of completing job tasks injury-free and its direct effect on the continued success of SunCommon. SunCommon makes it a priority to ensure that every individual, employee or sub-contractor, understands that safety is of highest importance.
The Safety Manager will ensure all rules and regulations are followed in accordance with OSHA and company policy. The Safety Manager eliminates or controls hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations that may lead to human injury and/or property damage. The position requires an advanced understanding of the steps involved in the designing, engineering, and construction of various solar PV system types, using industry specific design parameters while maintaining the highest standards for field safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Be familiar with all applicable OSHA regulations, state regulations, and local safety codes.
- Address all hazards and potential hazards as needed.
- Refine and maintain company safety standards and policies.
- Provide ongoing safety trainings for existing staff and new employees.
- Define the responsibilities for health and safety for all employees, emphasize that accidents create unnecessary personal and financial losses, and hold each employee accountable for their actions as they relate to health and safety.
- Perform workplace and jobsite safety audits to ensure safe and healthful conditions for employees.
- Prepare reports for management to assist in the abatement of hazards and if necessary the discipline of employees not in compliance with OSHA regulations and company safety policy.
- Investigate all safety infractions and injuries to eliminate risks and future occurrences.
- Ensure that all applicable injuries and illnesses are recorded on the OSHA 300 log.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of safety related equipment, supplies and PPE are on hand as required for all employees.
- Drive feedback on the effectiveness of the company’s safety programs
- Plan and conduct weekly safety discussions and training with installation teams
- The Safety Manager is the primary point of contact for all safety related topics, to include compliance, documentation, mitigation, field reporting, and training of appropriate personnel.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A minimum of 6 years of on-the-job solar installation experience, and 2 years of experience in safety mitigation and management.
- Valid driver’s license
- Overtime and overnight travel may be required
- Highly detailed individual who enjoys problem solving
- Positive attitude
- Appetite to learn & to think out of the box
- Ability to quickly adjust to change in a fasted paced environment
- Must be highly organized & have the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and manage own schedule
- Excellent team working skills – ability to foster a positive team environment through collaborative decision making
- Coachability, and ability to coach others effectively and respectfully
- Superior communication skills and awareness of the significant impact of communication on a successful safety program
- The ability to work effectively with all branches of the company and effectively balance and help prioritize requests and tasks
- Exemplification of company’s safety vision to peers
- Passion for promoting safety and instilling safe work practices in co-workers
- Ability to think broadly of needs of the company and the ability to see how safety fits into the company’s goals and objectives
- Commitment to SunCommon’s purpose and vision
PAY & BENEFITS
SunCommon provides our employees with competitive pay and a strong package of benefits, including:
- For the employee and family, fully paid medical premiums
- For the employee and family, fully paid dental premiums
- 3 weeks paid personal leave (combined vacation and sick) for year 1; 4 weeks for year 2
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 401k company match 1:1 up to 3% of salary that the employee sets aside then 1:2 match for 4 or 5%
Please submit application here.