Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Research Specialist | Full Time
Location: 445 Industrial Lane
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Research Specialist to join our Inter-Plan Programs team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross is transitioning to hybrid workplace by July 2022, where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office will work two days per week in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week.
Research Specialist Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high level of quality by providing information and or initiating appropriate corrective actions to resolve a customer’s inquiry based on a thorough and comprehensive understanding of BCBSVT contracts, policies, systems and procedures. W
- Work successfully with all levels of expertise; from provider billing clerks to provider business managers, other BCBS Plans as well as our subscribers and members.
- Provide accurate and timely interpretations of Plan policies and procedures in response to inquiries from providers, members and Plan personnel at all levels.
Research Specialist Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent is required. Two-year college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years customer service or claims processing experience in a health care or health insurance setting is required.
- Proven ability to multitask, problems solve, and work independently.
Research Specialist Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!