Regulatory Engineer | Full Time
Location: 35 Thompson Street, OnLogic
As an mid-level member of the Regulatory Engineering Team at our South Burlington, Vermont Headquarters, you will be responsible for ensuring customer applications and hardware developments meet the regulatory standards of industrial, medical, and computer equipment. Successful candidates will have deep understandings of these fields and will be able to orchestrate test plans, explain requirements to customers in engaging and helpful ways, problem solve non-compliance issues, and guide design teams to follow the regulatory requirements. OnLogic’s regulatory team is extremely forward thinking in its methods and truly an asset to the organization playing vital roles in sales and engineering.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Coordinate with EMC, Safety, and RF test laboratories for developing test plans and completing RFQs.
- Keep current with the ever-changing compliance standards and planning for future compliance strategies.
- Work with medical customers providing computer solutions capable of meeting 60601-1 EMC and safety requirements.
- Prepare samples and conduct testing to IT EMC emissions and immunity requirements for EN 55032 and EN 55035, IEC 60601-1, EN 50121.
- Prepare NRTL samples and conduct testing for IT and industrial and medical safety according to UL/IEC 62368-1, UL/IEC 61010, UL/IEC 60950-1 and IEC/UL 60601-1.
- Prepare and conduct testing for Shock and Vibration according to MIL-STD-810G, IEC 60068-2-64 and IEC 60068-2-27.
- Maintain CE technical files for self declarations.
- Prepare samples and conduct testing for wireless compliance according to FCC and EU R.E.D. directive and sometimes performing co-located transmitter compliance spot testing.
- Coordinate product labeling and manual requirements.
- Work closely with supplies in Asia to collect and verify regulatory compliance documentation.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to ensure high quality products and processes.
The team you will be joining:
Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team’s success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include, Electrical, Mechanical, Field Applications and Regulatory.
- Learn more about Life at OnLogic
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, or related field or technical training in RF and EMC compliance.
- RF skill sets preferred (knowledge of wireless technologies and regulations).
- You have 1-4 years of experience in a safety and EMC regulatory.
- You have knowledge of compliance and safety testing, including but not limited to CE, FCC, CB, and UL for IT, industrial, and medical applications.
- You may have electrical engineering experience, knowledge of computer systems, components and enclosures.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are organized and detail-oriented in their work, and have experience working collaboratively with customers and across departments.
- You have attention to detail and a focus on quality. You are organized, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- You manage time, shifting priorities and you effectively communicate project milestones or changes to cross functional teams.
Who we are:
OnLogic is growing, and we want to give you the same opportunity to grow in your career! We design and manufacture specialized computers and hardware solutions for companies all over the world, helping them to make the seemingly impossible possible. Our computers are designed to work where others would fail, and it’s our vision to be the first choice in industrial computing. To make that vision a reality, we’ve built a team of ambitious problem solvers, guided by the company’s core values of Open, Fair, Innovative and Independent. We have an open office, open salaries and strive to be fair and transparent in our decision making. We encourage input and feedback from every member of our team and look to improve ourselves and our business every single day.
OnLogic is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To learn more about our values, our mission and what it’s like to work at OnLogic, visit www.onlogic.com/careers.
The salary range for this role is $50,000 to $80,000. We determine final compensation based on discussions with applicants and their experience in similar roles and are open to what the final number looks like based on your experience.
- A competitive Salary based upon your experience and the requirements of the role
- A comprehensive Benefits package
- 401k Plan with 3% Employer Contribution
- An Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave, and Short & Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to Participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- A personal development plan created to help you (and us) grow