Registration Administrator & Office Manager | Full Time
Location: 1611 Harbor Rd, Shelburne, VT, USA
Who We Are
Shelburne Farms is an education nonprofit on a mission to inspire and cultivate a sustainable future. We offer transformative learning experiences to help educators and students create a better world. Our home campus is a 1,400-acre working farm located on the traditional, unceded homelands—Ndakinna—of the Winooskik band of the Abenaki.
Commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Shelburne Farms recognizes that justice, equity, and access are central to sustainability. We are committed to translating these values into action across the organization by improving equitable outcomes in our culture, programs, and services. Shelburne Farms is working to create experiences of belonging for all, including BIPOC, LGBTQ+ communities, people with disabilities, and people of all economic realities. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse and welcoming working and learning environment for all program participants, guests, and staff.
Who We’re Looking for
We are looking for someone to manage the registration of programs and events as well as create a positive and well run office environment. You will be an information hub, collaborate with the program, event and administrative teams and provide excellent customer service.
What You’ll Do
- Create registration pages and online applications using Eventbrite, Campbrain, Google Forms, and/or the Shelburne Farms website.
- Provide customer service via phone and email to people interested in registering for programs, processing cancellations, and issuing refunds.
- Generate all pre- and post-program communications and reports, in coordination with the education and event teams, including emails, reminders, surveys, etc.
- Monitor the program email inbox and reply or forward as applicable.
- Create credit card and reconciliation reports in collaboration with the accounting department.
- Collaborate with the communications team to compile content for a program calendar and maintain the program and events calendar on the Shelburne Farms website.
- Collect payments from program participants and invoice participants and schools for program fees.
- Attend and participate in program meetings to understand upcoming events, programs and campus projects.
- Support the maintenance and accuracy of the Shelburne Farms onsite activity calendar.
- Provide general administrative and project support for programs, which could include being onsite for program check-in.
- Lead the volunteer management program, volunteer inquiries and administration.
- Funnel all onsite inquiries regarding public programs, events, photoshoots, custom tours/visits and other activities.
- Manage onsite private photoshoots from start to finish, which includes monitoring and taking requests, collecting payments and adding to the onsite activity calendar for Shelburne Farms.
- Support and manage two part-time receptionists.
- Complete daily check ins to delegate tasks and review the onsite activity calendar.
- Coordinate their schedules and approve their timecards
- Train them in registering participants, processing cancellations and issuing refunds.
- Provide backup phone and reception desk coverage.
- Assist staff with phone, copier, or printer issues as well as mailings, office supplies, and equipment.
- Attend and participate in Safety committee meetings.
- In the event of a Farm emergency or disruption, manage phone and radio calls from both internal and external sources and support the staff managing the emergency/disruption.
- Assist with meeting set up , travel arrangements and other administrative support for all staff as needed.
- Notify Farm property owners and residents about large events, power outages or slippery winter roads.
- Support the Farm’s record management project leader with ad-hoc tasks in archiving and organizing digital and paper documents.
- Commitment to fostering a culturally aware learning community and the values of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a contributing member of a team, while remaining flexible to changing schedules or needs.
- Customer service experience of 1 or more years.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people, and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written that lead to good relationships with peers and customers.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and the ability and eagerness to learn new software quickly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google forms, etc.).
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, troubleshoot, and work under pressure.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential information including participant health information, financial assistance requests, and donation reports.
- Aptitude for being a self-starter and taking initiative.
Additional Valued Qualifications
- Experience with EventBrite and or CampBrain.
- Basic to intermediate accounting and bookkeeping skills.
- Proficiency in digital communication, office management and workflow technologies, such as Constant Contact, Basecamp, Zoom and Survey Monkey.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Able to work in close quarters in an open, busy office environment and to assist with meeting and event set-up in various locations around the Farm.
- This position involves lifting 25 pound boxes of office supplies, moving to storage rooms, carrying items up and down stairs.
Compensation & Benefits
- We offer full time, year-round employees health insurance, paid time off, a Wellness Benefit (CSA or Farm Store coupon), and a 401(K)savings option. All year round and seasonal employees are offered a 30% discount Shelburne Farms’ products and offerings.
- Compensation range will be discussed during the initial interview conversation.
Shelburne Farms is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that strongly encourages applications from candidates from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, genders, and cultures. All submissions will be acknowledged and are confidential.
Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Submit a cover letter and resume to Erin Boyd email@example.com or Shelburne Farms, 1611 Harbor Road, Shelburne, VT 05482 Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. In your cover letter, please describe:
- How your qualifications and experience match the needs and mission of the Farm and this position
- How your experiences, values, and/or efforts demonstrate your commitment to the values of diversity, justice, and equity
- How you heard about the position; and Your salary expectations.